Team Canada new lids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nazzy

Mar 6, 2002
BC
www.gocanucks.net
It's the new Bauer Vapor XX helmet. They're not on the market yet but will be soon.

r3068018472.jpg

Also, as you can see, some players are sporting the new XX gloves. Besides some Team Canada players, Ilya Kovalchuk is currently wearing them as well.

Last edited:

ShyCheetah

Feb 22, 2003
Caprica City,Caprica
Visit site
nazzy said:
It's the new Bauer XX helmet. They're not on the market yet but will be soon.

Ask and you shall recieve. good photo with the reverse angle in the same shot. Good looking out Nazzy. My initial feelin is they look kinda butt. Maybe I'll have to see one up close. Shy.

nazzy

Mar 6, 2002
BC
www.gocanucks.net
ShyCheetah said:
Ask and you shall recieve. good photo with the reverse angle in the same shot. Good looking out Nazzy. My initial feelin is they look kinda butt. Maybe I'll have to see one up close. Shy.

No Problem. Forgot to say that it's the Bauer Vapor XX, not just XX. ;)

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
Helmets as of right now...not a fan of!

Gloves, like the looks of, and will likely look towards purchasing a pair...pro deal here I come :p

----------------

Question though....the CHL doesn't use Bauer/Nike anymore to outfit each respective team in the WHL, OHL and QMJHL....CCM/Jofa are now used, thus, WHY THE HECK ARE THEY USING BAUER/NIKE HERE?!?!?!

Canadian

Mar 1, 2002
Markham, Ontario
The new Bauer helmet is quite similar to the Nike helmet that Lemieux had endorsed. Nike owns Bauer, so some of their new innovations are interwhined. Both Nike and Bauer seem to be striving for a bicycle look to the new helmets. As for the hockey gloves, chances are the only difference is the exterior design and maybe the gloves are gamefit and lighter.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Canadian Chris said:
Helmets as of right now...not a fan of!

Gloves, like the looks of, and will likely look towards purchasing a pair...pro deal here I come :p

----------------

Question though....the CHL doesn't use Bauer/Nike anymore to outfit each respective team in the WHL, OHL and QMJHL....CCM/Jofa are now used, thus, WHY THE HECK ARE THEY USING BAUER/NIKE HERE?!?!?!

Can you say Hockey Canada? The CHL has little to do about this, and I suspect there are business arrangements to spread out the financial benefits of wearing different gear.

chicpea*

Epsilon said:
I miss the old days when everyone at WJCs wore a wire cage.
heh, yes that is a nice memory. Perhaps Bertuzzi should use one of those now.

BCCHL inactive

gb701 said:
Can you say Hockey Canada? The CHL has little to do about this

That's pretty well it. Bauer/Nike is Hockey Canada's main sponsor.

The CHL provides players. That's it.

Lukko4

May 15, 2002
Montreal, QC
The CHL's title sponsor is The Hockey Company (CCM/JOFA/Heaton/Koho), while Hockey Canada's title sponsor is Bauer/Nike Hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad