Team Canada - Favorite Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Simon Gagne dropping the mitts today vs. Latvia. Definitley a suprise. :) Brodeur looked sharp and the team appeared to be improving.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I like Hannan (he's the one on my jersey, if you didn't click the link) because 1) He's from near where I'm from. 2) He's really really god and doesn't get a lot of exposure for it. 3) I tend to root for/like players and teams that few others like. That's why I picked Sturm as my favorite NHL player off of San Jose when I could've picked Marleau or Nabokov or someone more prominent. That's why I Pick Germany as my favorite international team outside of Canada (well, that and my 1/4 German heritage), and why I picked Hannan as my favorite Team Canada player.

The only time I've bucked my underdog trend is liking Brule and Meszaros on the Giants.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Zamboner said:
What makes you guys "like" a player? Is it their skills or personality?

Heatley: Stopped liking him as much after he demonstrated he's a moron and got Dan Snyder killed... are we forgetting this??

Ryan Smyth: Has heart, but might be the dumbest athlete in the world. His interviews offer zero insight and have the highest cliche/sentence ratio in hockey. I remember listening to him talk about the CBA and he had nooooo idea what the hell he was saying.

What happened to liking players with charisma?

My "favs" are brodeur and Doan. Both are insightful and funny when speaking to the press. Both are quite skilled.

I think most people love him for what he brings on the ice wich is some of the best talent in the world.

zamboni

Apr 25, 2003
Visit site
"Ryan Smyth: Has heart, but might be the dumbest athlete in the world. His interviews offer zero insight and have the highest cliche/sentence ratio in hockey. I remember listening to him talk about the CBA and he had nooooo idea what the hell he was saying."

Sure, he isn't the most intelligent player when it comes to the media, but show some respect. Many players who spoke about the CBA have been too pro-NHLPA. For example, Iginla's comments haven't been great, but does that make him a moron?

Dumbest athlete in the world? Give your head a shake. :shakehead

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Zamboner said:
Ryan Smyth: Has heart, but might be the dumbest athlete in the world. His interviews offer zero insight and have the highest cliche/sentence ratio in hockey. I remember listening to him talk about the CBA and he had nooooo idea what the hell he was saying.

lol, I think this is the reason a lot of people do like him. He has a child-like innocence about him, and he comes off as a big lovable goof in interviews

SENSible1*

I have a tougher time finding someone on this Team Canada I don't like.

Top 3
Doan
Fisher
Souray

Roy G Biv*

flyer73 said:
I love the way Brodeur tends goal but if you are talking about personalities remember this guy slept with his wife's sister a couple years back.

Better than the puck bunnies which service the rest of the players!

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Joe Thornton's my favorite. Other guys on the team that I'm a big fan of are Doan, Smyth, Morrow, Heatley, Walker, Jovo, Regher, Hannan, Redden, Phillips, Marleau and Brodeur. I like the rest but not as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad