Team Canada Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Who do you think will be the captain chosen by Brent Sutter?

Will it be Cam Barker being the only returnee from last year?

Or will it be a guy like Kyle Chipchura. Sutter said his leadership, grit, and work ethic is "second to none". I think that means alot coming from a Sutter.

Obviously, there are other candidates too.

I'll take Chipchura purely from a selfish point of view :)

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I believe Chipchura is the best suited to the captain's C. I think he's a great leader, maybe not as good as Mike Richards (who is?), but someone deserving of the title "Captain Canada."

Barker should get an A as the returning veteran, even though I think there might be better leaders out there. A guy like Marc Staal or David Bolland would make for a good second alternate.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
God Bless Canada said:
I believe Chipchura is the best suited to the captain's C. I think he's a great leader, maybe not as good as Mike Richards (who is?), but someone deserving of the title "Captain Canada."

Barker should get an A as the returning veteran, even though I think there might be better leaders out there. A guy like Marc Staal or David Bolland would make for a good second alternate.

yeah, last year's team was stacked... chip doesn't have the same amount of skill as richards.

Actually, Sutter compared Chipichura to Colin Fraser from the 05 team

macleafs

Jan 1, 2004
Comeau

Hackett said:
Who do you think will be the captain chosen by Brent Sutter?

Will it be Cam Barker being the only returnee from last year?

Or will it be a guy like Kyle Chipchura. Sutter said his leadership, grit, and work ethic is "second to none". I think that means alot coming from a Sutter.

Obviously, there are other candidates too.

I'll take Chipchura purely from a selfish point of view :)
Blake Comeau will more than likely get a letter. No one on the roster has played in as many big games.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
macleafs said:
Blake Comeau will more than likely get a letter. No one on the roster has played in as many big games.

I'd love to see comeau on a line with chipchura... alot of grit there

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
God Bless Canada said:

Can we say more than that? You're right on everything... :thumbu:

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
AG said:
C: Bolland
A: Barker
A: Chipchura
A: Comeau

Although I like Bolland and he did captain the OHL in the ADT Canada/Russia Challenge I think it will most likely be Comeau (and his experience) wearing the C with Barker, Bolland and Chipchura as A's.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
Barker will get the C by default I expect, even though he doesn't have the reputation as a leadership kind of guy (he isn't even MH's captain, Russel is). Chipchura, Bolland, Comeau and Boyd would be the candidates for an A I'd guess.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
flambers said:
Cam Barker will get some consideration as well.

Can't see him as the captain. Great skills but the guy is just too casual out there. I don't see him having the attitude that Sutter looks for in a captain. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have a letter.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Greg7 said:
Barker will get the C by default I expect, even though he doesn't have the reputation as a leadership kind of guy (he isn't even MH's captain, Russel is)

I highly, highly doubt that. You think Sutter assigns the captain by default to the only returnee? No way, he takes a guy who is a real leader.

Aarex

Feb 29, 2004
Regina, Saskatchewan
canucksfan said:
Comeau will get the C. Chipchura and Barker will get A's.

Honestly I haven't seen much from Comeau but after watching him in the russian vs canada game (i was at the rink) I thought he playing a good clean gritty game then all of the sudden he gave a big two handed slash to Anikeenko behind the play away from the refs. If he plays like that every game I don't want him to be Team Canada's Captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad