Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Kraken pick?

• Michael Brandsegg-Nygard, F, Mora IK (SWE)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cole Eiserman, LW, Boston University (NCAA)

• Alfons Freij, D, Vaxjo (SWE)

• Michael Hage, C, Michigan (NCAA)

• Konsta Helenius, C/RW Jukurit (Liiga)

• Adam Jiricek, D, HC Plzen (Cze)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of 1 day polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.*

*not polling for #1 since we know who it will be and Sharks fans get to vote on their other 1st

Please Only Vote if you are a Kraks fan

Links to the individual threads on the player names.

Mother Thread on Prospect Board

1. :sharks Macklin Celebrini, c, Boston University (NCAA)

2. :hawks
Ivan Demidov, RW/C, SKA (KHL)

3. :ducksArtyom Levshunov, D, Michigan State (NCAA)

4. :cbjCayden Lindstrom, C, Medicine Hat (WHL)

5. :habs Tij Iginla, F, Kelowna (WHL)
1715536931391.png

Zeev Buium, D, Denver (NCAA)

7. :sens
Anton Silayev, D, Torpedo Nizhny Novogorod (KHL)

8. :seattle ?????

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I voted Parekh because of his mammoth potential upside, but I'd guess that Francis would prefer Dickinson who would likely be ready much sooner and entails less risk.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Not sure if this poll is meant to be who "should they pick", or who "will Ron Francis pick".

Since it said "Who will they pick", I voted whom I believe Francis will select. If it is "who should they pick", I want to change my vote ;)

I think it would be all 4 votes for Dickinson if we had to guess who they'll actually pick. :laugh:

In practice most boards are voting for personal favorites, and that's more fun. So I'm going to keep doing that, and vote for my guy, Carter Yakemchuk.

Reactions: Irie

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
For me it was between Catton, Dickinson and Parekh.

Realistically if those were available Francis would most likely select Dickinson, IMO:

I went with Catton because of his overall talent and upside.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I went with preference and went Yak. However, I think the team will choose Dickinson if that's who's left. Half that list is worth the 8th pick, unfortunately, so they just have to make the correct one.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
If for no other reason than to find out RF's second preference and satisfy my morbid curiosity (which, in hindsight, I might regret), I think it would be kind of fun if Dickinson went top seven.

Reactions: sigma six

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I figured the intent of the poll was to guess what the team would do, and as stated above Dickinson fairly well screams "Francis pick". And I'm fine with that, he's going to be a damn good defenseman.

Him, Yak, Senneke, Catton, hell most of the choices that make sense at 8 will make me happy. Nice problem to have.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
It is possible that GM's who pick before us might be attracted to the same characteristics that probably strongly appeal to RF: Dickinson has a high floor and will be ready to help sooner than most, if not all, of the other D.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
It is possible that GM's who pick before us might be attracted to the same characteristics that probably strongly appeal to RF: Dickinson has a high floor and will be ready to help sooner than most, if not all, of the other D.
Most of our local HFBoards scouts think Silayev is likely gone in the top-5. I think it is because of the same reasons. He can jump into the NHL likely this season (if he could leave the KHL). Same is likely true with Dickinson.

I would not be shocked if Parekh is the last of the 6 D-men to go.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I figured the intent of the poll was to guess what the team would do, and as stated above Dickinson fairly well screams "Francis pick". And I'm fine with that, he's going to be a damn good defenseman.

Dickinson looks like he could play in the NHL right now. He can keep up with anyone with his skating.

But if you put him in now I think it would mean less opportunity for Dickinson to diversify his offensive game. Right now he has zero deception to his game. When he skates the puck forward you know what he is going to do. So while he is very good at speeding in and wiring pucks in if there is a rush or a breakdown in the offensive zone, he can't create anything when opponents are in good position.

I'm not sure if he has the wiring to be more than a 30-40 pt scorer. I'd have a few other players at 8 who are higher upside that I hope we take a swing on.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
If Seattle is okay with Dunn being the PP quarterback for the foreseeable future then other defenseman would be better. If not though then Perekh would be the perfect fit.

(Perhaps one of their current prospects could take that role too)

spfan

May 4, 2009
They definitely could use a top d-man. Parekh would be my #1 choice, but Dickinson is very close.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
If Seattle is okay with Dunn being the PP quarterback for the foreseeable future then other defenseman would be better. If not though then Perekh would be the perfect fit.

(Perhaps one of their current prospects could take that role too)
By the time they made the team, I'd let Parekh (or any of the other offense-oriented D candidates we might draft instead) teeth on the second unit. If they could eventually challenge Dunn on the first unit, fine. I think Buium and Parekh could eventually be elite power play quarterbacks (maybe Yakemchuk, too) if all things break right. As much as I like Dunn, I don't think he has elite power play quarterback potential. Unless you have a Hughes or a Makar, you don't want to settle for the status quo; you want to get better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad