Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Senators pick?

• Michael Brandsegg-Nygard, F, Mora IK (SWE)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alfons Freij, D, Vaxjo (SWE)

• Adam Jiricek, D, HC Plzen (Cze)

• Beckett Sennecke, RW, Oshawa (OHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
A small centerman who lacks footspeed. Classic. Exactly what they dont need, who are the teams that win with these types of players. I'll await your answer with baited breath.
Who is it we are talking about here? Eiserman or Helenius?

Edit: Never mind. I figured it out = Helenius.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
A small centerman who lacks footspeed. Classic. Exactly what they dont need, who are the teams that win with these types of players. I'll await your answer with baited breath.
A right shot winger that actually has good foot speed and has some of the best hockey IQ I have seen this draft. He also has silky hands.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I thought we had one more day to pick, but would have gone with Silayev. He gives me Chara vibes. But, I haven’t watched these prospects play, so all I’m basing my decision on is what I read (mostly in here). So, I recognize that this isn’t that much to go on.

As for our RD pipeline, we are pretty thin imho. I see more 3rd pair potential that top 4 potential. I should note once again that this is based on what I have seen which is not a lot. There’s the odd person in here that is more optimistic which does confuse me. I’m not sure if they are seeing something that I’m missing, or if they are just more optimistic.
McKenzie's latest list rated Silayev at #3 overall; if we get him at #7, I will be happy as a pig in ... !

Reactions: Icelevel

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
A right shot winger that actually has good foot speed and has some of the best hockey IQ I have seen this draft. He also has silky hands.
I mean a winger is worse than a center. Easiest thing to acquire is an undersized scoring winger. I watched him at the WJC and the U 18's I just dont see a top 10 pick there. His skating is average. I do value hockey sense he does have it but he just isnt what this team should be targeting with whats available.

Seriously, if available, maybe it wouldn't be smart to pass on Cole Eiserman

I am warming up this idea
I dont even think he is a top 14 pick at this point. If they want him they can just trade down. Soft one dimensional scoring winger. No thank you.

Reactions: DJB and aragorn

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Columbus isn't picking Lindstrom so this whole Team's Draft is already a dud. They have their centers in Fantili, Johnson and Sillinger. They most certainly will pick a defenseman.

My Dman rankings:

1. Levshunov
2. Silayev
3. Buium
4. Dickinson
5. Parekh
6. Yakemchuk
Maybe they go BPA regardless

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
Silayev will most likely drop in the rankings, He dropped one spot in McKenzie's list from the midseason to lottery draft rankings. When his MHL playoffs are factored in, he will drop some more. He has amazing physical tools, but his offensive game needs serious development.

This year reminds me of 2018 all over again. Bouchard was the least desirable D-man on this board when compared to Hughes and Dobson. It was clear cut Bouchard would be the worst of the three. It is not so clear cut now.

Buium didn't allow a goal when he was on the ice during the entire NCAA Playoffs has become this years, but he only scored 8 goals. It sounds impressive, but Denver only allowed 3 goals in 4 games for the entirety of tournament, So a lot of guys posted " impressive" defensive numbers - it is a team game, made up of 5 man units. Context is important. Buium is also an unathletic 6 foot d-man who lacks high-end top speed and a projectable frame.

I get that people have their preferences, but people are really sleeping on the Yak. He has size and elite tools- stick handling, shot and is an excellent passer. His breakouts are really impressive - tape to tape and all that jazz. There are questions about his hockey sense, but, in my opinion, they are not warranted. He was the superstar on a crappy team. And having to do it all - he gambled and forced plays at times.

So when we draft the Yak at #7, I just hope there isn't the collective boos that reigned down on the other Chuk.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Maybe they go BPA regardless
Who exactly is the BPA at 7th OA? After Celebrini anything can happen. There are at least 5 guys possible & more depending on who you talk to or which draft ranking site you prefer, this pole has 81 votes & that has come down to 4 defencemen basically with the big Russian leading the way. Not sure if he falls to us & I'm just as unsure if they take him if he does. It's anyone's guess who they take & there will be all kinds of arguements afterwards whether the player they take was the BPA, it's always been like that & most likely will be again.

Reactions: Butchy Dakkar

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I like this years pick and this draft because it really feels like we are going to have our choice of sexy players to pick from, and at least one or two surprise sliders.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
If Silayev wasn’t such a monster I don’t think he’d be considered in the top 10.

I don’t see good pick skills or IQ.

I see another Tyler Myers type

Reactions: aragorn

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

You can follow along how other fanbases are voting for their pick.
Seattle had few votes Dickinson went to them
Calgary up next with Iginla gone they almost certainly go with home town junior star Yakemchuk right? ... what? he only got 1 vote out of 22... they go Catton .. probably a good choice at that point. Catton is one of the best forwards in the draft.
Jersey got a lot of fans out to vote.. Good contest between MNB (43 votes) and Helenius (29 votes) ; Eiserman had 8 and Yakemchuk 2.
Buffalo is voting now ; Close race between Helenius and Yakemchuk... let's see who takes it. The verdict is in. Helenius(20), Yakemchuk(16), Sennecke(8)
Phile is next; Flyers have a good turnout ; Parekh wins it running away (25 votes), Eiserman (8), Yakemchuk (8)
Wild pick Yakemchuk at 13; !4 votes to Eiserman's (9)

Pure entertainment value here. You can view the results without voting.. so unless you really want to pump your guy.. it's bad form to vote on other teams sites.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad