Team Board Mock Draft

Who will Utah Draft

• Cole Eiserman, LW, Boston University (NCAA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Konsta Helenius, C/RW Jukurit (Liiga)

• Adam Jiricek, D, HC Plzen (Cze)

• Beckett Sennecke, RW, Oshawa (OHL)

• Carter Yakemchuk, D, Calgary (WHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
A series of 1 day polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.*

*not polling for #1 since we know who it will be and Sharks fans get to vote on their other 1st

Please Only Vote if you are a Utah fan

Links to the individual threads on the player names.

Mother Thread on Prospect Board

1. :sharks Macklin Celebrini, c, Boston University (NCAA)

2. :hawks
Ivan Demidov, RW/C, SKA (KHL)

3. :ducksArtyom Levshunov, D, Michigan State (NCAA)

4. :cbjCayden Lindstrom, C, Medicine Hat (WHL)

5. :habsTij Iginla, F, Kelowna (WHL)
6. View attachment 869320 ?????
FYI - this appears to be the official temporary logo. It’s what was used at the Deta Center kick off event and at the draft lottery.

IMG_0975.jpeg

Reactions: Summer Rose

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If Utah had #4 OA, who would they select?

There is discussion on the CBJ board about trading down and selecting Buium, but this would be contingent on him being available at 6. Montreal will most likely take a F.
Likely the same guy they can get at 6. If its a D they want Columbus should fear that we are going to take the guy they want.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Likely the same guy they can get at 6. If its a D they want Columbus should fear that we are going to take the guy they want.
If they wanted Lidstrom for example (let’s say they had him ranked 3) Montreal or Columbus might take him. In that scenario, I think the trade up could make sense. If they want a D, and are fine with Silayev or Buium then it doesn’t make much sense - unless they think the gap between Silayev and Buium is large.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If they wanted Lidstrom for example (let’s say they had him ranked 3) Montreal or Columbus might take him. In that scenario, I think the trade up could make sense. If they want a D, and are fine with Silayev or Buium then it doesn’t make much sense - unless they think the gap between Silayev and Buium is large.
Its about 7 inches.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

There is discussion on the CBJ board about trading down and selecting Buium, but this would be contingent on him being available at 6. Montreal will most likely take a F.
I have Buium 3rd and Dickinson 4th. Depending on Demidov’s professional preferences I might have Buium 2nd.

I’m worried about Lindstrom’s back. Unless I had a highly trusted medical team that was emphatic that he’s not going to have issues, he’d slide way down for me.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
yeah, we need a Dman...and I'd really like to get Yakemchuk, but I know he's behind Dickenson and I believe Buium, so my guess is that someone below us gets him and it better not be NJ or Detroit

spfan

May 4, 2009
Curious if you watched the London v Saginaw series. Or any of the Saginaw vs SSM & London vs Kitchener series?
Some. I definitely like him. Size, skating, shot, offensive upside, mostly good defensively. He is prone to mistakes sometimes though. A top 10 player. Parekh is more of a gamble, but the upside is higher. And I really like Buium.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
yeah, we need a Dman...and I'd really like to get Yakemchuk, but I know he's behind Dickenson and I believe Buium, so my guess is that someone below us gets him and it better not be NJ or Detroit
I'm all for trading down to pick Yakemchuk, but where? If Lindstrom is there at 6th, a team not wanting to draft a blueliner may be willing to trade up for him. But do you gamble that he will be available at the new spot or do you pick Lindstrom and wait for the other team's time to pick to make sure Yakemchuk is still available? I was thinking about a scenario trade with NJ and that Pesce indicated to them he'll like to sign there as a free agent, so they would be willing to move a D or even 2. NJ was disappointed over the way the D played last season. Bahl? I would want a little more incentive to move the 6th for the 10th. Siegenthaler? NJ only has 6 picks this draft - 1 1st, 0 2nds. Could NJ be interested in Vejmelka? Could a hockey trade also be involved? NJ should have interest in Hayton if we want to move from him!

Interesting scenario but not likely to happen as the scenarios are gambles that Yakemchuk will be there at 10, but I think the team's drafting ability also includes knowing how other teams will pick (Ott, Sea, Cal).

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

I'd still take Buium. I'm only basing this off of how awesome he looks but if he went top 3 I wouldn't be surprised.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Some. I definitely like him. Size, skating, shot, offensive upside, mostly good defensively. He is prone to mistakes sometimes though. A top 10 player. Parekh is more of a gamble, but the upside is higher. And I really like Buium.
I think he showed beyond doubt during the playoffs that he's good on both ends of the ice and he was great defensively. Bonk and George were also good, and probably better than Dickinson, but that's not saying much. Dickinson was still quite good in both Saginaw and Oshawa defensively, which I think is when it mattered the most.

I think GMBA's list probably looks similar to what has been drafted already. I see it most likely that he drafts Demidov, Levshunov, Yakemchuk, Silayev, Lindstrom and Iginla in no particular order. I could also see Dickinson, Eiserman, Helenius or Sennecke depending on what interviews he give this year because he's such a troll that had all of us fooled into thinking he was drafting Leonard or someone similar.

Personally if I was Utah at 4 I would draft either Demidov if he was there, or Lindstrom if he's not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad