Team Board Mock Draft

Who will Utah Draft

• Cole Eiserman, LW, Boston University (NCAA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Konsta Helenius, C/RW Jukurit (Liiga)

• Adam Jiricek, D, HC Plzen (Cze)

• Beckett Sennecke, RW, Oshawa (OHL)

• Carter Yakemchuk, D, Calgary (WHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of 1 day polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.*

*not polling for #1 since we know who it will be and Sharks fans get to vote on their other 1st

Please Only Vote if you are a Utah fan

Links to the individual threads on the player names.

Mother Thread on Prospect Board

1. :sharks Macklin Celebrini, c, Boston University (NCAA)

2. :hawks
Ivan Demidov, RW/C, SKA (KHL)

3. :ducksArtyom Levshunov, D, Michigan State (NCAA)

4. :cbjCayden Lindstrom, C, Medicine Hat (WHL)

5. :habs Tij Iginla, F, Kelowna (WHL)
1715536931391.png
?????

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It's always about the return. Dickerson vs Yakemchuk + a depth need.
The Coyotes have more picks than they can use. They’ll start having to trade prospects they’d rather sign simply so they don’t lose them due contract limits.

Trading down for extra picks is the opposite of what they need to do. They should be consolidating assets to get equal value out of a smaller volume in order to reduce their surplus. BPA. And then trade up and take BPA again.

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

May 13, 2004
I’m not a big believer that Simashev will become a big point producer or PP weapon. I think he’s a really good prospect. I don’t think he’s going to be on the ice in the last couple mins when we’re down a goal and need offense badly.

I fee the same about Silayev as much as I like him. He’s redundant. Two top six picks on this type of player is way too much value to give up.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Interesting to see Yakemchuk getting shutout in this poll. He might be the best of the bunch.
You could say this about all the defensemen available. Lots to like about every one of them. I agree with rt about Silayev being similar to Simashev. I’d hate to grab the two of them at 6 in back to back years when there’s other defensemen in the board like Buium, Dickinson, and Yakemchuk who all offer something different respectively.

rt

May 13, 2004
Interesting to see Yakemchuk getting shutout in this poll. He might be the best of the bunch.
He’s my favorite player on the draft but he’s clearly behind both Buium and Dickinson for me. Tough call between him and Levshunov. Both of whom I have ahead of Silayev and Parekh but it’s close.

spfan

May 4, 2009
Utah really could use D-men and Buium is the BPA in my opinion. In terms of predictions, it might be more likely they take Dickinson and I think Silayev will already be taken anyways. I'd go Buium, with Parekh as my secondary choice. I like Dickinson too, but behind those 2.

rt

May 13, 2004
Utah really could use D-men and Buium is the BPA in my opinion. In terms of predictions, it might be more likely they take Dickinson and I think Silayev will already be taken anyways. I'd go Buium, with Parekh as my secondary choice. I like Dickinson too, but behind those 2.
Curious if you watched the London v Saginaw series. Or any of the Saginaw vs SSM & London vs Kitchener series?

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
@Schemp - unless you’re proposing a combo kind of thing. Like 6th and 49th (WSH) to CGY for 9th & 29th (VAN) or something? Where we aren’t adding to the surplus?
I was thinking about acquiring a player and the incentive is a better pick like NJ offering Siegenthaler to move up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad