Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Flames pick?

• Thomas Bordeleau, C, Univ. of Michigan (NCAA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lukas Cormier, D, Charlottetown Islanders (QMJHL)

• Tyson Foerster, C, Barrie Colts (OHL)

• Helge Grans, D, Malmö Redhawks (SHL)

• Roni Hirvonen, C, Ässät (Liiga)

• Marat Khusnutdinov, C, SKA-1946 St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Lukas Reichel, LW, Eisbären Berlin (DEL)

• William Wallinder, D, MODO Hockey (SHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I say Hunter Smith because he never put up big offensive numbers and Holloway has never put up big numbers either if we want to use the "big body" example. Holloway isn't even a big body, he's 6'1 200 lbs, he's an average sized guy. If there are guys like Lapierre/Bourque/Zary on the board it'd be silly to choose a guy like Holloway because he is an inch or two taller with no where near the skill.

Look at who just won the Cup, carried by smaller skilled players. Point, Kucherov, Gourde, Palat, Coleman were there top 5 scorers, Cirelli and Johnson right after. Palat is the only one at 6 feet, the rest are under 6 feet.

Size is meaningless in today's league, it's all about skill. Flames don't need big bodies, they need good hockey players. If Holloway is a better hockey player going forward that's fair.

And Tkachuk was horrendous and a complete no show in the playoffs and has been for 3 years now, he's my favourite Flame, but the dude is completely anti-clutch come playoff time, I don't understand why. Dube was one of the better Flames and he is a prototypical Lightning forward player, undersized, skilled with speed. You don't need size to win games, you need good hockey players to win games.
Hunter Smith does not compare at all...he was a 20 putting up points against younger competition. Holloway was a true freshman

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I mean, you can sit and bitch about Hunter Smith all you want (I know I do) but at the end of the day, there are not a lot of players from that draft you can point to and say "obviously should have taken him" given what was known, at the time.

Even Brayden Point was overlooked 78 times by the time he was picked - and his stats were pretty "meh".

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I mean, you can sit and bitch about Hunter Smith all you want (I know I do) but at the end of the day, there are not a lot of players from that draft you can point to and say "obviously should have taken him" given what was known, at the time.

Even Brayden Point was overlooked 78 times by the time he was picked - and his stats were pretty "meh".

A middle 6 player with occasional 1RW spot duty would have been a home run for Point. He turned out to be 1C calibre. That's ridiculous.

That's basically like finding a lottery ticket on the street and realizing it was the max millions winner. The odds of hitting the max millions is already low. The odds of winning the max millions for free is even lower.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Point had 91 points in 72 games outscoring the warriors 2nd leading scorer by 35 points. He had better stats than some first round selections, I don't see how his stats were meh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad