Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

Who should the Wings draft #6

• Matthew Boldy, LW, USNTP (BC Commit)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cole Caufield, RW, USNTP (Wisco Commit)

• Spencer Knight, G, USNTP (BC Commit)

• Alex Newhook, C, Victoria (BCHL, BC Commit)

• Matthew Robertson, D, Edmonton (WHL)

• Cam York, D, USNTP (BC Commit)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Have you watched every player who’s projected to be drafted ?i liked brannstrom and I didn’t see everyone of his game it’s all a crapshoot

I seen videos and clips on YouTube , read articles, that’s pretty much all I can do unless I live in Saskatoon or other places these kids play , not much junior hockey games televised these days

Anyways it’s cool your high on him , it would be boring if everyone on this board agreed on who to pick at #6,#35, etc... I’m just not high on the guy and prefer byram or podkolzin and if both are gone I’d prefer we address our d problem and trade back and land an extra earlish 2nd if we can still land soderstrom, maybe broberg

I’d be pretty content with something like this and landing that extra pick

11-soderstrom(lets say broberg if he’s gone)
35-Beecher
41- fagemo
57-kotchekov
58- thrun
66- keppen/holmstrom/knyazev

But I’d firstly far prefer byram/podkolzin

Welcome to 2019 where it has never been easier to watch draft-eligible players. I haven't watched everyone but have watched almost everyone mentioned as a potential first rounder.

For the record, if you have followed my other posts you would know that I am not a massive Dach supporter (though I do respect him). Hell, I don't even fault you for preferring Pods over him. I will, however, defend ANY player against inaccurate comparisons. Dach and Ras have nothing in common. I like Ras more than just about anyone else around here, but am the first to admit that these two are very different players with very different strengths/faults.

FWIW I too like both Beecher and Fagemo in the 2nd.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
If Podkolzin lives up to the hype, then he'll be drafted more or less on schedule. If he looks like a bit more of a project than anticipated, LA has time for a project and they pick before us. I doubt LA would gift BPA to the next team simply because they don't have patience to develop players, finishing as they did in 29th place. Their rebuild has time for it and his ceiling seems high.

As for the likeliness of Dach, I do think he's kinda in our wheelhouse at 6th, but I could also see him going 5th. One guy who seems a bit too high in this poll is Cozens. He's a guy I would expect to be more around 6th as well.

The Wings will have at least one of Cozens, Dach or Turcotte to pick from. That doesn't mean they wont draft Krebs, Boldy or Zegras at 6th, but it would be less expected. However, I can't remember doing a single one of these polls where the Wings piked the guy we picked. So...

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Same reason why we picked Sheahan instead of Kuznetsov (except they're both centers).
To be fair, Sheahan was drafted 3 years before Tyler Wright even joined the Wings. I don't like some of the moves this crew has made, but I can't criticize scouts for picks that weren't on their watch.

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
To be fair, Sheahan was drafted 3 years before Tyler Wright even joined the Wings. I don't like some of the moves this crew has made, but I can't criticize scouts for picks that weren't on their watch.
It's a criticism of whoever was involved.

The irony here is that everyone criticizes Holland/Wright for taking the safe pick (Raz), yet the members picked Dach instead of Pod.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
For reference, Mckenzie’s #3 player has gone in the top 5 of their draft the last 6 years in a row.

to be fair though the final list isn't out yet so there's still a couple months for things to change

Kotkaniemi went from 10th to 5th between last years April and June lists for example

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It's a criticism of whoever was involved.

The irony here is that everyone criticizes Holland/Wright for taking the safe pick (Raz), yet the members picked Dach instead of Pod.
In both cases, it's a player taken that the fans are skeptical about playing center.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Well, yeah. This is a popularity contest. People get hyped on a name they believe could fall to them and lock in on it.

BTW I'm in full T. J. Hockenson hype mode over in NFL land. Or Oliver. One week, HYPE!

Then I'll get more hyped about hockey again.

For the Lions or Packers? ;)

You read that article on the Packers (Rodgers/Mcarthy) from Bleacher Report? Stop rooting for that drama queen and go buy a Vikings jersey already.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
???????????

Making anyone buy a jersey of a perennial loser like the Vikings, just projecting your pain on to others like that. Not everyone wants to endure the suffering of heart breaking defeat after heart breaking defeat season after season. Not everyone enjoys that!

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Making anyone buy a jersey of a perennial loser like the Vikings, just projecting your pain on to others like that. Not everyone wants to endure the suffering of heart breaking defeat after heart breaking defeat season after season. Not everyone enjoys that!

Bench lives in Minnesota... and aren't most of y'all Lions fans...?

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Bench lives in Minnesota... and aren't most of y'all Lions fans...?

I live in Philadelphia and watched the Eagles ruin the Vikings seasons two years in a row.

I imagine being a Lions fan is a lot less stressful than being a Vikings fan regardless, since the Lions are always just bad. The Vikings always lose meaningful games in heart breaking fashion.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I live in Philadelphia and watched the Eagles ruin the Vikings seasons two years in a row.

I imagine being a Lions fan is a lot less stressful than being a Vikings fan regardless, since the Lions are always just bad. The Vikings always lose meaningful games in heart breaking fashion.

You’re not wrong, but mostly I just like messing with Bench because he lives right there and roots for the freaking Packers....

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Byrum is the guy I hope falls to this spot but probably won't. Dach or Podkolzin are fine in this spot but the organizational need is on defense. Love Caufield but too early for him.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I'm tired of the safe pick. Gimme the boom or bust in Pod
I made a similar comment earlier, Dach would appear to be the safe pick. I'd rather go for a potential elite talent in Pod.

If Turcotte or Byram are available at 6, I'd rather have them based on need. If not, then BPA with the most potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad