Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Rangers draft #2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
For the next one we get I better see all of us picking one of Seider, Poulin, Donovan, or Légaré

I remember when we voted Calen Addison at 28 last year :help:

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Tell me about Donovan and Legare
Donovan has Alex Tuch upside. Well rounded offensive player with a big body and a righty shot which is why I wouldn’t mind reaching on him. Not as physical as I’d like for his size but he completely took over in the playoffs. Has a great blend of speed and size as well as his hands and shot. Overlooked because the league he plays in. Has potential to be a line driver and his offensive upside doesn’t have a ceiling yet imo, very raw prospect that can marinate a little while and has potential to be a massive steal. Primarily a playmaker and I’d like to see him shoot more. 6’4 190 lbs C/RW though he’ll very likely be a RW if he ever makes it

Légaré can play both wings and was 2nd on his team points, along with 45 goals though his team is good offensively. 100% effort and can throw his body around occasionally. He’s a smart player with decent speed but his skating can be improved. His best asset is his shot which is lethal from just about anywhere but he can also get to the dirty areas to score. Won’t be a line driver but can be a perfect compliment to Kakko/Kravtsov/Chytil as a big RHS that can get to dirty areas for them (although Kakko and Kravtsov are good in the corners.) All 3 of them aren’t primarily shooters though and with Légaré they get a one time option or someone to screen the goalie/deflect shots. I see 25-20 upside in him but his all around game is great like I said earlier. Smart player with good defense and effort. Similar to Hornqvist. 6’0 196 lbs RW/LW

Both players would fit in well with the future team and fit the NYR mold. I know we haven’t picked from the Q since Fontaine though (regarding Légaré)

I have Donovan at 27 and Légaré right behind him. Jets pick should be around there. Though Donovan most likely will be available at our 2nd, I can see a team falling in love with his tools and taking a reach on him in the 1st. Légaré also might be there at our 2nd rounder but his ranking seems to be all over the place

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad