Speculation: TDL - Is it time for Dubas to mortgage the future to bolster The Leafs?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Sorry I did not clue in but yeah that would help both teams needs for sure ... we get a big strong 2 way defender with speed i like it ... I have not seen enough of him to know but a quick youtube watch in Germany ... our fans would go insane ... but CAP is gonna be an issue every year and that would help free up CAP $$$ for sure

5 goals, 19 assists, 24 points in 31 games in the SHL this year.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Always good having da big man on da ice ... keeps everyone heads up ... he cleans up well in front of net ... plus you see his strength in his shot

Es6VNtuWMAAWV49

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Rielly is freewheeling this year no doubt .. very obvious ... he is playing rover ... and it costs him defensive positioning and ultimately goals against ... but always remember he will never be a good defensive dman (he never has been) but he can fly and create offensively ... so we needed a guy who could compliment him and certainly Brodie is far superior to Barrie ... but true test will be against Jets or Habs in playoffs when things get tight and a hard forecheck occurs ... then we will see for sure

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Rielly is freewheeling this year no doubt .. very obvious ... he is playing rover ... and it costs him defensive positioning and ultimately goals against ... but always remember he will never be a good defensive dman (he never has been) but he can fly and create offensively ... so we needed a guy who could compliment him and certainly Brodie is far superior to Barrie ... but true test will be against Jets or Habs in playoffs when things get tight and a hard forecheck occurs ... then we will see for sure

I like Brodie, and you are correct, far superior to Barrie. But he isn't the right guy to cover for Rielly. We need your big, strong defensive guy covering up for him.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I like Brodie, and you are correct, far superior to Barrie. But he isn't the right guy to cover for Rielly. We need your big, strong defensive guy covering up for him.
It is why I told everyone at start of year that Joel was available and we should have picked him up at 3.5M he is exact type we needed for Rielly in playoffs ... to me it is very obvious what is gonna happen and it was obvious before season started ... Habs/Leafs will fight for 1st all year long

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad