Rumor: TDL "almost" trades

archangel2

May 19, 2019
It wasn’t even reliable media, more of a fan proclamation
I see quite a few "fan" blogs/Vlogs who are trying to some off as being legit sources are the ones who are saying "this trade" was almost complete but fell a part at the last minute and they are using other fan blogs/vlogs as evidence or proof. That is deeply amusing and sad at the sametime

Reactions: Three On Zero

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Anyone who follows LA would know one has better odds betting against the exact opposite anything Hoven says come signing, trades, etc. When it comes to being a mouth piece and injury updates I would agree 90% with him. Sadly, come deals and similar he makes Eklund look like Bob McKenzie.

Him coming out after to deny it only makes me believe it more.

I just got done saying just about this in the other thread

Dude is Blake's Iraqi Information Minister

Seravalli may be clueless coming to the Kings but using Hoven as 'proof' is like getting a 2nd opinion from Dr. Nick

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Apparently the Oilers also offered Ceci + 1st for Walker but Philly refused because they didn't want Ceci. They literally picked Johansen and then immediately waived him rather than take Ceci.

Hilarious. And Oilers fans were pretending like he isn't a cap dump :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I'd like a source for this one, not just rumour. Philly would have to be absolutely mental to take Johanssen over Ceci right now. If an offer was made from Edmonton, with a cap dump, it was probably for Jack Campbell, and it would be understandable for Philly to turn that down.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'd like a source for this one, not just rumour. Philly would have to be absolutely mental to take Johanssen over Ceci right now. If an offer was made from Edmonton, with a cap dump, it was probably for Jack Campbell, and it would be understandable for Philly to turn that down.
The only other possible mitigating factor here could be Edmonton offering a less desirable pick. If for some reason Danny's really jazzed about the '25 draft, and the pick in the Edmonton deal was '26, or Edmonton was demanding more restrictive protections than Colorado did, that might also tip the scales, but it's most likely that the cap ballast was either Campbell, or Ceci and another player (Foegele, maybe, just guessing who else the Oilers would consider demanding another team take) that made the money work out worse.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Apparently the Oilers also offered Ceci + 1st for Walker but Philly refused because they didn't want Ceci. They literally picked Johansen and then immediately waived him rather than take Ceci.

Hilarious. And Oilers fans were pretending like he isn't a cap dump :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Because Ceci is hot garbage, you need to pay to get rid of that contract

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad