Post-Game Talk: TBL VS NSH 7:00 CST "2 root canals! If my pain = wins, you bastards better win 5-1"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
20231207_214124.jpg

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
I hope whoever smashed Watson into the bench got a good shot in. I couldn’t see it.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Well, folks, how would you like some WINNER PIE? So sweet, so delectable. Ryan M and Juuse you first tonight but that was a fine effort by all.

Go Preds!

Sorry I'm late -- got routed a weird way coming home and then got behind a taxi driver who decided the intersection was where he needed to stop and wait for fares. I even had to ... gasp! ... honk. Me, a civilized Nashvillian honking a horn TWICE. It was awful. But I'm home, we have pie and life is good.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I saw Star Wars at the Hermitage Four. Twice. Talk about high cotton.

Empire at the Belle Meade Theater.
I was second in line for the first showing at the Carmike on Nolensville Rd. My dad was first, he was paying. I saw one of them at the Tennessee Theater downtown with my now husband, so it was probably whichever one came out 3rd.

Reactions: hockey diva

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I was second in line for the first showing at the Carmike on Nolensville Rd. My dad was first, he was paying. I saw one of them at the Tennessee Theater downtown with my now husband, so it was probably whichever one came out 3rd.
Windlynn Center? Right by what would now be Grassmere? We went to Melrose

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Windlynn Center? Right by what would now be Grassmere? We went to Melrose
Yep! I think Applegate's Landing was nearby, too. We drove up from Lewisburg but were most familiar with that side of town since we'd lived down near Tusculum School before we moved.

Reactions: triggrman

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Well, folks, how would you like some WINNER PIE? So sweet, so delectable. Ryan M and Juuse you first tonight but that was a fine effort by all.

Go Preds!

Sorry I'm late -- got routed a weird way coming home and then got behind a taxi driver who decided the intersection was where he needed to stop and wait for fares. I even had to ... gasp! ... honk. Me, a civilized Nashvillian honking a horn TWICE. It was awful. But I'm home, we have pie and life is good.

Seemed to be a night of taxi fails. Had a backup when we were leaving because a taxi had year ended a vehicle. Just prior to getting to the on ramp!

• Wow
Reactions: Adz

SouthNash

Oct 25, 2014
Well, well, well...Watson got fined the maximum for his shenanigans at the buzzer last night!!

Predation

Dec 18, 2011
I finally got to finish watching the game this morning. My good mood after watching that great performance was ruined by that dick move that Watson pulled. Should have been a suspension. Hope this doesn’t cost Louzon any time.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I finally got to finish watching the game this morning. My good mood after watching that great performance was ruined by that dick move that Watson pulled. Should have been a suspension. Hope this doesn’t cost Louzon any time.
I think he's fine simply because Stastney was sent down when he didn't have to be. I don't see them going to Canada this weekend without an extra defenseman

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Watson slapped a shot out of frustration, he wasn’t aiming at Lauzon to intentionally hurt anyone. A suspension was definitely not warranted and would have been complete overkill if it was given. To be honest I’m surprised they even fined him.

This is Auston Watson we are talking about. After all those years of watching him on the Preds roster, do you honestly think he could hit what he was aiming for when shooting a puck??????

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Watson slapped a shot out of frustration, he wasn’t aiming at Lauzon to intentionally hurt anyone. A suspension was definitely not warranted and would have been complete overkill if it was given. To be honest I’m surprised they even fined him.

This is Auston Watson we are talking about. After all those years of watching him on the Preds roster, do you honestly think he could hit what he was aiming for when shooting a puck??????
Dangerous/dumb play is a dangerous/dumb play no matter the intention. Slap shot from beyond center ice with 1 second left in the game left in a game when down by 4 isnt a hockey play and could potentially injure a player. There was just zero need for him to do that. Puck couldve caught someone in the mush or ankle etc.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Dangerous/dumb play is a dangerous/dumb play no matter the intention. Slap shot from beyond center ice with 1 second left in the game left in a game when down by 4 isnt a hockey play and could potentially injure a player. There was just zero need for him to do that. Puck couldve caught someone in the mush or ankle etc.

We get mad when players show frustration .... we get mad when players act like they don't care ... he did something emotional and stupid, paid the price, end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad