Confirmed with Link: [TBL/NYR] Namestnikov, Howden, Hajek, 1st rd pk, con. 2nd for J.T. Miller & Ryan McDonagh

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
If I'm JB I watch Miller closely this season before his NTC kicks in. If he doesn't look like he's going to improve we could package him for Panarin at the deadline, even if Panarin doesn't re-sign we eleviate cap for potential Karlsson signing and free up a contract for the expansion draft.
Of course he got an NTC.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Miller looks good when hes on and a train wreck when off. Dont know how he can right that. I have liked McDonaghs play so far. He looks better this year.

Miller should probably be on a middle-six line rather than either top or bottom. I don't really get why he was the change we made to the top line when Stamkos and Kucherov pretty clearly need to be separated at this point.

Maybe it's time to reunite TKO and put Miller with maybe Stamkos and Gourde. Point with whoever's left over. He's the one guy I'm not worried about.

I think we need to put Miller in a position to succeed, but also where he's gonna help us, because, like Sky said, we have this one season to really assess him and decide whether or not to keep him for his contract.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
No Miller does not have one he has a modified ntc and it won’t kick in till July

And even then it’s only an eight-team no-trade list. That contract was definitely designed with the purpose of using him for a year or two and then if necessary moving him for cap space; the limited NTC was basically us saying “ok, we won’t trade you to a really bad team/city.”

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
And even then it’s only an eight-team no-trade list. That contract was definitely designed with the purpose of using him for a year or two and then if necessary moving him for cap space; the limited NTC was basically us saying “ok, we won’t trade you to a really bad team/city.”

That does take a lot of rentals off the table though.

It'll be interesting to see how Miller fits in over time. He's kind of been A Tale Of Two Players so far. The guy who showed up last night is a contributor.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I think Tampa was a good fit for Namestnikov and Rangers was a good fit for Miller. Wouldn't mind a trade sending them back to their old teams.

Reactions: berlin

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I think Tampa was a good fit for Namestnikov and Rangers was a good fit for Miller. Wouldn't mind a trade sending them back to their old teams.

Of course you wouldn't mind, if you're a Rangers fan.

Miller is twice the player Names is and that's saying something.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Isn't Miller our biggest forward, by like 15-20 pounds? I know he was at the end of last season; I haven't looked up player stats this year yet. I guess Killer and Erne have some size, but I half jokingly (maybe sadly) have to ask... has Erne even played yet?

Either way, when's he's on his game, Miller is a big plus on this team. His first two games weren't good, but last game he must have got a chip on his shoulder and at least in the third, he kept calling for (demanding) the puck and made several O-zone entries, sometimes dragging one or two Columbus players with him, eventually breaking free for a pass or shot (what Killer could be if he could stay on his skates).

If he could just play that way more often than not, Miller brings a different set of skills/size than any of our other forwards, especially Names. His consistency is probably what will determine if he stays or is a cap casualty trade after the season. I like him so far though.

Reactions: JAY7791

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
When Miller attacks the net, he's a dangerous player. When he doesn't, he's kind of Teddy Purcell. Defenders just stick to his linemates and he eventually throws the puck into traffic.

I'd like to see him playing with skilled players again, but, at the same time, I like having a legit scoring threat on the 4th line. Especially while we're in that short window of the season where Paquette is a solid contributor.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
He produces, what does Namestnikov do?
Certain people did tell us how bad all of McDonagh, Miller and Girardi would suck and will continue to say so no matter how happy we are with them.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Certain people did tell us how bad all of McDonagh, Miller and Girardi would suck and will continue to say so no matter how happy we are with them.
the Rangers could use all three back lol but Girardi for 5.5 avv was bad for them 3 avv not bad for us on a one year deal left this year

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Looking back at this trade right now, the return for McDonagh looks a bit underwhelming to me (in hindsight).

Is one of these prospects going to be any good ?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Looking back at this trade right now, the return for McDonagh looks a bit underwhelming to me (in hindsight).

Howden was the best prospect you got back he should be at least a top 9 forward probably a 2nd line center

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Howden was good for the Rangers till he got hurt, should be back soon. Hajek played his first game the other night and looked very comfortable, like he was in pre-season. Rangers are happy with these guys so far, but it’s still too soon to tell. Heck, Namestnikov has even been tearing it up lately, 5 goals in his last 8 games.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He'll suck, don't you worry. I was way more annoyed at losing Hajek and Howden than him.

I’m not a big Vladdy fan, never was, but also think Rangers fans are too critical on Miller aka Bozo, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad