Confirmed Trade: [TBL/FLA] Mike McKenna for Adam Wilcox

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I don't get this at all...

McKenna is probably the better goalie at the moment. Wilcox makes 100K less than McKenna this season. Florida's farm club doesn't look playoff bound, so they save a bit of real money.

Connor Ingram can play in the AHL next season, so Wilcox might not have been in their plans.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Mike McKenna : 34 year-old, Pending UFA
Adam Wilcox : 24 year-old, Pending RFA

This seems like the AHL version of a "rental move". McKenna will likely be an upgrade over Gudlevskis and Wilcox.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
We have Connor Ingram coming up next year, so I guess they are trying to clear room like they did with Tik a few years back. Also all in on the Calder Cup haha.

Still weird trade. I figured Gudlevski would be gone before Wilcox.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Why Yzerman? Wilcox does have potential... Why Yzerman why?

His save percentage is well under 90% so I believe he was unlikely to be retained anyway.

Ingram is making the jump to pros next season and he'll likely share duties with Gudlevskis or an AHL veteran like McKenna.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
We have Connor Ingram coming up next year, so I guess they are trying to clear room like they did with Tik a few years back. Also all in on the Calder Cup haha.

Doubt Gudlevski has much value. Hasn't ever really shown anything. At least Wilcox is still a young kid that has something to build on.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Wilcox doesn't fit expansion criteria while Gudlevskis does so we needed to keep him. McKenna isn't anything special but very experienced and better numbers on a worse team.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
McKenna is probably the better goalie at the moment. Wilcox makes 100K less than McKenna this season. Florida's farm club doesn't look playoff bound, so they save a bit of real money.

Connor Ingram can play in the AHL next season, so Wilcox might not have been in their plans.

Fair reasoning. I suppose B goalie prospects don't really hold a ton of value anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad