Contract Termination: [TBL] F Josh Archibald on waivers for the purpose of contract termination

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Hoping hes okay. I know hes struggled with health related issues for a few years now. Was a solid bottom line player for the Pens last year.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Really weird how we had two people sign contracts on July 1 only to have them terminated before they even stepped on the ice

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Lightning just gave him a two year deal on July 1st . Wonder what happened there.

Edit : So Archibald was not planning on playing hockey for the forseeable future according to the Lightning statement ? Hope nothing too serious happened there in the last couple of months / weeks.
You’d think they’d be allowed to void the contract if he signed it and then decided he didn’t want to play

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
So first of all, if he’s been smart-ish with his money - which, being a fringe guy, he should have been because it’s not the same thing as being some Panarin/Kane type who can just buy Lamborghinis and stuff without thinking about the future - he should be okay to get his family comfortable going forward.

But second of all, all I could see when reading the announcement was “Josh, and his wife Bailey” and I was like wait, but… Josh Bailey… what?

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
So first of all, if he’s been smart-ish with his money - which, being a fringe guy, he should have been because it’s not the same thing as being some Panarin/Kane type who can just buy Lamborghinis and stuff without thinking about the future - he should be okay to get his family comfortable going forward.

But second of all, all I could see when reading the announcement was “Josh, and his wife Bailey” and I was like wait, but… Josh Bailey… what?
Same. Now i keep imagining if she had married Josh Bailey instead and she could be Bailey Bailey.

Reactions: ElysiumAB

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The NHL isn't the only pro league in the world. But if he takes a year off and tries to come back, he'll probably have to settle for a second rate European pro league or try to grab a veteran spot on a AHL team.

Not the worst honestly. Chances are it's a lighter schedule, lighter travel and his body won't get beaten to crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad