Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] F Conor Sheary signs with the Lightning (3 years, $2M AAV)

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
He fell off an absolute cliff in the second half of the season for the Caps and just became totally invisible. He wasn't the only guy who had a bad second half on the Caps, but his was amongst the biggest drop offs. The dividing line for the Caps season was Backstrom returning on Jan 8 (Sheary rarely played with Backstrom though, so it's not like Backstrom's directly responsible here). Before that Sheary was 11-17-28 and a team leading +8 in 42 games, after he was 4-5-9 and a +1 in 40 games.

• Wow
Reactions: TheStatican and BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
As others have said, he can go from playing really to being absolutely invisible. There is no in between with him.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
This seems to be a redemption signing. I have liked the guy but he did not do well for the Caps. See him with Paul on the 3rd it could work out I imagine the $$$$ will be minimal.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
This seems to be a redemption signing. I have liked the guy but he did not do well for the Caps. See him with Paul on the 3rd it could work out I imagine the $$$$ will be minimal.
He was hot and cold with the Caps. He had stretches where he was really good and put up points and then he’d go 15 games without a point. Generally speaking he was pretty solid for them and not one of the reasons they regressed.

Sheary is a good player. Could do a lot worse for your 3LW. He can put up points, plays well defensively, and is talented and smart enough to play your best forwards for shorter periods of time.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
He had awful center play in the 2nd half, was on around a 55 point pace the 1st half of the season, Caps went with Milano over Sheary to get a scooch younger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad