Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] F Anthony Cirelli signs extension with the Lightning (8 years, $6.25M AAV)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
When you're successful you almost always end up rewarding the players for it. Thats why I didn't care that Kane/Toews got 10.5 million (this was long before that was the norm for star players). They earned it, much like the Tampa trio.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Will probably break the 50 pt plateau through half or more of this contract, cost controlled for next 8 years...I'd say this is a fair contract that ensures TBL remain competitive for next 3-4 years at the minimum.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Haven't anybody learned from these long a** contracts?
Wait for the term. I want to see if JBB built in no or limited NMC's in the last two years. That forces the players to play for more and stay. Rumor has it all 3 have limited/no NMC's in the last two years at peak earnings.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
They are both worth their contract. Cirelli got caved in by Nichushkin in the finals too lol.
Was he caved in though? While Nuke has a broken foot in the finals that can be iced down, Cirelli dislocated both shoulders and will be out for 6 months. hard to play D with no arms..

• Haha
Reactions: Turbonium

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Was he caved in though? While Nuke has a broken foot in the finals that can be iced down, Cirelli dislocated both shoulders and will be out for 6 months. hard to play D with no arms..

Cirelli had 3 goals and 8 points in 23 games.
Nichushkin had 4 goals in the finals alone. 9 total and 15 points in 20 games. They both played similar defensive games haha

Reactions: AMDZen

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't love it but I don't hate it. It's good to know the other team's best player is about to have his worst playoff series.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Nichushkin had 4 goals in the finals alone. 9 total and 15 points in 20 games. They both played similar defensive games haha
please look at the D and goalies they faced on their way to the finals.

• Haha
Reactions: Turbonium

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
His best offensive series was against Tampa bay…. Please learn hockey.
Tampa was destroyed by injuries esp Cirelli, I couldn't care less for offense from Cirelli, guy is a perennial Selke candidate. For the same contract, its Cirelli all the way, and I love Nuke.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
Yikes. That was nearly as embarrassing as having it be decades without making it out of the first round.
Ohhhhh you did it too lol f***ing lame bud. You try so hard to be clever and you literally regurgitated the same boring tag line. Yikes. Embarrassing. It's time to turbo charge turbonium

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
Cirelli was playing with two wrecked shoulders. One with AC joint sprain and the other dislocated. He's out till December or so.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Yeah lots of injuries on both sides for sure.
Lol. You couldn't stick to the topic and flat out admit you're gloating by comparing the two so you defer to: "yeah lots of injuries on both sides for sure." Duh. The topic was about Cirelli's contract. If you want to say he "got caved in," then at least acknowledge he played with two bum shoulders. Otherwise, you just look foolish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad