Confirmed Trade: [TBL/CHI] Brandon Hagel, 2022, 2024 4ths for Boris Katchouk, Taylor Raddysh, 2023, 2024 1sts (Top 10 protected)

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
It's gonna be a haul...no other reason to do this.

Going to guess a late 1st, a really good prospect and maybe even another pick.

Hagel is not only good but his contract is amazing. I expect it to be a contending team that is nearly capped out or has major cap concerns moving forward.
*Montreal looks down at their Chiarot haul*

1647626206739.gif

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Honestly I hope it’s Colorado or Florida. Just cuz it’s obvious Philly is playing these teams against eachother to run up the price on Giroux.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Chiarot proved this to be false.
Also this is not:
- A rental
- A player wanting out
- A player that doesn't fit with their current team's timeline

It makes all the sense for Chicago to keep him. Unless they basically hit the jackpot with multiple top notch rebuild pieces coming back.

So yeah, I think we are going to see a rather robust return...at least we got the "hahaha who is Brandon Hagel even??? LOLZZZZ" jokes out of the way last month in the Hagel rumor thread.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Secretly hope it is the Avs even though I know the return is gonna make me a bit queasy. Having a 23 year-old middle six player with his work ethic, development path and versatility locked up for $1.5 million thru 2024 would be awesome.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Yeah but he's also 23.

We're not talking about a prime aged guy here. He's in his 2nd full NHL season.
A 23 year old who looks good and is under contract for 2 more years after this one for 1.5M AAV. something does not add up if the move him. How bad is he in the locker room? I don't get it, there is something about him we don't know because from a hockey sense there is no reason to trade him. You should be trading your big dollar older guys for players like him if you are the Hawks

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Yeah but he's also 23.

We're not talking about a prime aged guy here. He's in his 2nd full NHL season.
A short period of regression could also tank his value in a hot minute. It not like they projected him to be this productive.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
A 23 year old who looks good and is under contract for 2 more years after this one for 1.5M AAV. something does not add up if the move him. How bad is he in the locker room? I don't get it, there is something about him we don't know because from a hockey sense there is no reason to trade him. You should be trading your big dollar older guys for players like him if you are the Hawks

If Chicago is rebuilding all they do is lose him at RFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad