Subban
deHann

To Chicago
Johnson
McElhinney
Alnefelt
7th rd pick

Upgrade, younger and cheaper back up for Tampa along with a shut down LHD

Chicago takes on a bad contract and adds center depth along with a goalie prospect and a pick

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
To Tampa
Subban
deHann

To Chicago
Johnson
McElhinney
Alnefelt
7th rd pick

Chicago takes on a bad contract and adds center depth along with a goalie prospect and a pick
Are you out of your mind?

Why would Chicago ever do that?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
To Tampa
Subban
deHann

To Chicago
Johnson
McElhinney
Alnefelt
7th rd pick

Lol. Nice try. The 7th round pick really does it.
Tyler Johnson is just as negative value today as he was in the offseason. DeHann deal is cheaper and ends after next year. Plus he plays defense. The 7th would need to be a first and Tampa is still adding more.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Yuck.

We’re doing TB a favor in taking that brutal Johnson contract off their hands, AND giving them a decent D? For a 7th...

If we’re taking a bad contract (which I’m all for) we’re asking for a decent prospect or good pick. Not a 7th...

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
And I don’t think it matters that Chicago and Tampa are in the same division. Nobody actually think the hawks are cup worthy. So that doesn’t bother me at all.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Don’t really want to give up on Subban at this point on top of everything else said. He is playing pretty well. Maybe he is finally figuring it out with the help of Waite.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Eh Johnson is a playoff veteran and above 0.5 ppg playing on our 3rd line. Not sure that’s what Chicago is looking for though.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Johnson is actually playing well again this year(for the most part anyway). Tampa has high hopes for Alnefelt as well, so I doubt they pull the trigger here. Also lol at the usual crap from Mcjedi on a Tampa thread. I'm sure you'll get something right about Tampa someday though!

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
To Tampa
Subban
deHann

To Chicago
Johnson
McElhinney
Alnefelt
7th rd pick

**** no. Chicago isn’t taking Johnson for 5 years just for him to be mediocre.

Turn in your fan card

Crow

May 19, 2014
I dunno but their center depth looks hideous.
The hawks? Their typical top 3 centers are all out on various injuries. That doesn’t mean they want a long term deal replacement. Makes zero sense

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Don't see why Tampa would have any interest in this? Sure it's great to get Johnson off the books but he's having a good season and we take back someone who has almost as high a cap hit next year. We also have no use for De Haan as he's a LD and we are set on that side and I don't think he can play RD. Upgrading the backup is ok I guess but we could do that much cheaper and we move our only decent goalie prospect. Just not a good deal for Tampa. If we look to move Johnson I would target Savard out of Columbus as he's a UFA after this year and they are looking for centers.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I’m not saying Johnson sucks or anything, he’s ok. But that contract...woof

There’s a reason he cleared waivers.

Also once Toews and Dach return, they really have no use for Johnson.

And Chicago isn’t gonna be in go for it mode at the deadline. So “upgrading” at center (if you want to call it that) doesn’t really move the needle.

Also I’m not sure why Tampa would move him now, off-season is a different story.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Don't see why Tampa would have any interest in this? Sure it's great to get Johnson off the books but he's having a good season and we take back someone who has almost as high a cap hit next year. We also have no use for De Haan as he's a LD and we are set on that side and I don't think he can play RD. Upgrading the backup is ok I guess but we could do that much cheaper and we move our only decent goalie prospect. Just not a good deal for Tampa. If we look to move Johnson I would target Savard out of Columbus as he's a UFA after this year and they are looking for centers.

Small aging centers with bad contracts?

Tyler Johnson is a declining asset with significant money owed.

Columbus can do MUCH better than that for Sevard.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Columbus is not a place that makes sense.

Agreed

I do think a TBL CHI trade in the off-season could make sense. Hawks have cap room to take a contract. We’ll see.

I think the trade in this thread makes no sense for either team, especially in season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad