GDT: TB @ Car

JCLA

Feb 23, 2017
FWIW, if the potential for Hanifin is Hedman. It's going to be hard to convice me to trade Hanifin, even if it is potential.

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
I think Hanifin would have been better off serving as top 2 defenseman in Charlotte his first year. Building up his confidence while having him work on his stick and defensive awareness would have benefited him greatly.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
And this is EXACTLY the rationale that had Hartford move Pronger for Shanahan.

Which brings to mind — what’s the worst case trade scenario in a trade like this? It isn’t “traded Hedman but got that 1C”. It’s “traded Hedman for a resentful, declining Duchene or Tavares who turns out to be past his best years”. At which point you spend the next 20 years facepalming..

Sure, that kind of thing could happen...again. But at this point, our risk exposure is much less because we are already pretty well stocked at the left defensive position. We MAY trade away a Hedman, but we still have Slavin, Fleury, and Bean on the left. Fleury and Bean are still mostly unknowns, but good bets as of right now. I wouldn't take the risk of trading Hanifin if we were not in such good shape on the LHD side, but the fact is we are, so it should be something to consider IF management has doubts about him and good options available in trade.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Maybe we should just have an all encompassing Player Discussion thread for Noah? [/backseatmoddingoff]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad