Speculation: Taylor Hall

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I guess I am underselling Hall, but I can't even fathom some of the trade proposals for the kid. I know he is talented, but giving up Drouin, Deangelo and Sustr would be gutting to our depth, especially given how young and talented those guys are. I trust SFY more than that proposal haha.

And I think we can all agree that if we trade Vasi right now, many of us will walk away from the team for a while. Vasi is the storyline franchises dream of.

There are proposals I can see working for us, but nothing Edmonton would agree to. Carle ($ dump) + Namestnikov + Killorn + 1st is a poor man's version of what they'd be looking for. And even that offer, I think, runs the risk of making us a worse team. As much as I criticize Killorn, and as much as I think he's in play trade-wise, there's no doubt losing him would hurt our depth. It's nice to have a guy who can play all over the lineup when needed.

I read somewhere an article that questioned if we might have a rekindled interest in Justin Schultz, considering we were in the sweepstakes when he came out of college. I doubt he's a guy we'd be looking at now, but I can't help but blame Edmonton for "ruining" him a bit as a prospect. You have to assume that with better development somebody would have forced the kid to learn how to play defense by now.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
There are proposals I can see working for us, but nothing Edmonton would agree to. Carle ($ dump) + Namestnikov + Killorn + 1st is a poor man's version of what they'd be looking for. And even that offer, I think, runs the risk of making us a worse team. As much as I criticize Killorn, and as much as I think he's in play trade-wise, there's no doubt losing him would hurt our depth. It's nice to have a guy who can play all over the lineup when needed.

I read somewhere an article that questioned if we might have a rekindled interest in Justin Schultz, considering we were in the sweepstakes when he came out of college. I doubt he's a guy we'd be looking at now, but I can't help but blame Edmonton for "ruining" him a bit as a prospect. You have to assume that with better development somebody would have forced the kid to learn how to play defense by now.

Meh I dunno, like Hall he seems part of the problem, got his choice as to which team he could go to, he choose one where he could get the most ice time and play with talented offensive guys, ironically he wasn't ready for the workload and everything blew up in his face.

You can blame some of it on coaching but it doesn't look like he's put in any self commitment to getting better defensively.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Meh I dunno, like Hall he seems part of the problem, got his choice as to which team he could go to, he choose one where he could get the most ice time and play with talented offensive guys, ironically he wasn't ready for the workload and everything blew up in his face.

You can blame some of it on coaching but it doesn't look like he's put in any self commitment to getting better defensively.

Agreed. I guess I'm just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and thinking a ppg player has to have some value. In reality I don't want the guy because he's not consistent with what we've been building here.

I've also developed a soft spot for the Oilers, despite how much of a laughing stock they've become. Or maybe even because of that. I find myself watching Oiler games more than any other non-TB team. They sort of remind me of a much worse version of what TB was a few years ago. It's a team built on player values rather than the proverbial "puzzle."

I do believe in things like "winning cultures" etc as well, and I think Edmonton is teaching a lot of kids how to expect to lose. At the very least they're not teaching kids why winning is more important than stats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad