Taylor Hall Vs Ovechkin Moving forward?

who do you take right now, moving forward.

• Total voters

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Depends on time frame. At some point Ovechkin is going to decline harder assuming they follow something of a common career arch.

Anything under 2 years is Ovechkin for sure for me.

Anything over 8 years is Hall for sure for me.

This 100%.

Plus, I don't know if there are more players in the league who get really nice looks and don't put the puck in the back of the net than Taylor Hall?

Kuhta

Dec 8, 2006
Helsinki
I would take Ovi. He is 21 goals from 600 goals. 700 is quite likely also. I would enjoy those celebrations gladly.

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Tough Decision.

I'm leaning toward Hall, because he's 6 years younger.

But Ovechkin i feel could just as easily give you 30 Goals minimum until he's like 38-39 years old.

Ill take Ovechkin.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
"right now, moving forward" is pretty bad phrasing honestly. Not sure what you want to know but I'd rather have Ovechkin right now this year

Depends on time frame. At some point Ovechkin is going to decline harder assuming they follow something of a common career arch.

Anything under 2 years is Ovechkin for sure for me.

Anything over 8 years is Hall for sure for me.

The way i took the poll is - your team can trade for 1 player today today (with or without cap, unclear). Who do you take. So it involves the right now, this year, but also keeping the player as a part of your team, until he retires/traded/FA, etc.

How long each player lasts depends on how long you think they last. They'll both last more than 2 years, and 8 years is a long time so debatable.

I personally still take Ovi without thinking twice. Simply a higher tier player, and he's on pace for ~55 goals and close to 90 points. He seems far from done. Plus - he's more entertaining.

Reactions: triggrman

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
This was a hard one, but gave it to Ovi because he's an amazing leader on the ice and produces at an amazing rate.

Hall just is more of a passenger player that is shoot first ask questions later. Can't really rely on him to drive the ship.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
This was a hard one, but gave it to Ovi because he's an amazing leader on the ice and produces at an amazing rate.

Hall just is more of a passenger player that is shoot first ask questions later. Can't really rely on him to drive the ship.

Hall as a passenger? have you watched him since he left edmonton?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad