Value of: Taylor Hall to the Caps (lowball possible)?

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Panik + 1st + B/C prospect for Hall @ 50%

Roll Hall Eller Sprong/Sheary 3rd line same way Penguins rolled Kessel on the 3rd

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
With Hall's value probably at an alltime low, what would the Caps need to give up to land him?

Their 1st

his stats are pretty much the same as he was with NJ after factoring things like Eichel being hurt, the PP not hot,and the losing skid

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
What a great way to set this up. "I want this player, but I shouldn't have to pay anything for it."

Ultimately, Hall's value will be set by the number of teams that get interested and I think that's hard to judge at this point. He's having a terrible year, but every GM also knows what he's capable of and putting him on a contender is probably a really attractive idea. And its probably likely that the Sabres will be ready to retain as much salary as possible.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
1st + Panik + Siegenhalert (+maybe a 3/4/5th round pick or prospect like Johansen) for Hall @50% is propably about right.

But im not sure i want Hall. Its lot to pay for short time with someone who has not been good this year.

Im perfectly fine just going with the group we have.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
He's a 3rd liner in Washington and possibly more than that in Buffalo

With whom has he been playing ? Oshie and Sheary ? On pace for 25 points for a regular season. It is not because you would play high in the lineup for a bad team that you are worth something... 2.75 is overpaid and I don't think he would be claimed, seeing that Henrique, Johnson (all better and overpaid) have not been claimed either, that Johnsson has been traded for an AHL player...

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
With whom has he been playing ? Oshie and Sheary ? On pace for 25 points for a regular season. It is not because you would play high in the lineup for a bad team that you are worth something... 2.75 is overpaid and I don't think he would be claimed, seeing that Henrique, Johnson (all better and overpaid) have not been claimed either, that Johnsson has been traded for an AHL player...

No one with any sort of cap hit above a mil is getting claimed. Khaira went unclaimed ffs. Henrique and Johnson's contracts are also far far worse.

He's a solid guy for eating minutes and driving the play towards the opponents net while tiring them out with his frame battling for the puck. Better than Eakin or Girgersons or pretty much any bottom 6 role player Buffalo has, at least on par with. Doesn't have trade value but Buffalo and half the league will probably be signing similar or worse players to fill out their depth for that kind of money so getting him back to balance the cap in a trade just saves them the paperwork. Not like they're a cap strapped team that needs to squeeze every cent Tampa style (or well the Caps which is why he'd be the main trade candidate despite not hurting the team).

Last edited:

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
No one with any sort of cap hit above a mil is getting claimed. Khaira went unclaimed ffs. Henrique and Johnson's contracts are also far far worse.

He's a solid guy for eating minutes and driving the play towards the opponents net while tiring them out with his frame battling for the puck. Better than Eakin or Girgersons or pretty much any bottom 6 role player Buffalo has, at least on par with. Doesn't have trade value but Buffalo and half the league will probably be signing similar or worse players to fill out their depth for that kind of money so getting him back to balance the cap in a trade just saves them the paperwork. Not like they're a cap strapped team that needs to squeeze every cent Tampa style.

Fully agreed, but they will sign those guys for 700k, Vesey style, so Panik has negative value in a trade;)

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Fully agreed, but they will sign those guys for 700k, Vesey style, so Panik has negative value in a trade;)

All their Vesey style guys are getting caved in though, including non-their Vesey. There's value in having a non dumpster dive bottom 6 as long as you don't go full Pejorative Slur setting up every role player for life like Benning did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad