Taylor Hall - The most under appreciated player on HF

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I cant imagine if ( and I don't really want to) what this club would look like if we had built the team around seguin and Hall was beasting as a broon...
I would be pissed.

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
Hall cant win tho. He can have 10 amazing games in a row, but as soon as he has a poor one the haters rip into him because he doesn't have great hockey sense, doesn't play center, has no hands and hes not Seguin.

Of course if the Oilers had picked Seguin, he would be crucified for not being Hall. It would probably be much worse, top 6 is soft as it is, imagine switching Hall for Seguin. Yikes.

Meanwhile, for such a stupid hockey player, his defensive play has improved much more than Eberle's has.

Fiddie

Jan 10, 2009
Edmonton
Some more Hall vs. Seguin Stats:

Career:

|GP|G|A|PTS|Shot/GM|Career FO%
Taylor Hall|140|52| 58| 110|3.2|42.8
Tyler Seguin|167| 42| 54| 96|2.4|48.3

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Remember when Hall came and said all the right things and seemed excited to be here, and Sequin not so much?

Toydarian

Jun 2, 2009
What I don't understand is how some posters not only think Hall isn't as "smart" as Seguin, but also think Hall is one of the "dumbest" players in the league. Which is ridiculous.
I've noticed Hall has made some incredibly smart adjustments to his game and made a lot of improvements in his all around game. Hall has improved and matured significantly ever year.

Laodongxi

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Underrated? Overrated? Rated just right. Blah blah blah. Who cares what HFBoards thinks! The fragile ego? Anyone who watches this team closely can see the huge potential. Seeing these kinds of threads pop up continuously on the main board does not help our cause either. Hall's play and the Oiler's play will dictate what people think. In the meantime, maybe just enjoy (or not) the games?

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Underrated? Overrated? Rated just right. Blah blah blah. Who cares what HFBoards thinks! The fragile ego? Anyone who watches this team closely can see the huge potential. Seeing these kinds of threads pop up continuously on the main board does not help our cause either. Hall's play and the Oiler's play will dictate what people think. In the meantime, maybe just enjoy (or not) the games?

Yeah, I agree with this. Like Wheatking, I sort of let myself get baited in trying to convince people about Hall, and at some point as a fanbase we just have to give up and enjoy what we have.

Fiddie

Jan 10, 2009
Edmonton

If you don't care what HFboards thinks then why care if anyone posts these kind of threads to the main board?

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
I know it has nothing to do with Hall, but god how I hate the way Seguin smiles:

8475794.jpg

(He's still a good player though, especially against the Leafs, who he torches on a regular basis. :laugh:)

Lord Quas

The unseen
Aug 9, 2006
On the average night you can expect Hall to play like a 35 goal/75 point player while Seguin is more of a 25 goal/60 point player.
More like 18g/88p player compared to a 14g/48p player ... :sarcasm:

Thanks for the comparisons ... I only really watch the Oilers stats ~ good to see that BPA is looking good in hindsight :naughty: Not that I care too much about the comparison or stats, I'm just stoked he's an Oiler ~ he's only getting better!

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
The greatest thing about Hall, imo, is how he personally takes full responsibility for his play, and for the team. It's a quality that the true greats have, and it's not readily apparent to those who don't watch Oilers hockey, just how much of a leader this kid is at the NHL level already. The playoffs will eventually be his coming out party.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
But to be fair.

X - RNH - Eberle
X - Seguin - Yakupov

Looks epic

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Hall is a great leader out there and can change games by him self, with no doubt our most important player so far, he and Rnh is great future for our team.

I was for Seguin at the time because i saw a big need in our topsix at that position. Rnh has taken away a lot of the worries, but replace Gagner with Seguin wouldnt hurt us.;)

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
If Hall develops an ability to shoot with accuracy off the rush he would be a really damn good player.

People that watch him in practice say he has a really hard wrist shot. Might be the hardest after Yakupov.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $45.00