Speculation: Taylor Hall contract talk (part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Sounds like you've never actually watched Mark Stone play

Don't comment on things you know nothing about.

Oof, yeah, that take. Lol. I love me some Kyle Palmieri, but Mark Stone is about as top flight of a RW as there is. Higher PPG by a pretty significant margin and much stronger player defensively too.

Stone is awesome.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Anyways, I have no issue with other teams talking to Hall to pre-negotiate an extension, but I don't think that's something Hall would be willing to do. He and his agent both seem dead set on hitting the open market and fielding offers from everyone.

Hall will be traded as a pure rental.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Hall is the elephant in the room and his presence isn’t making it easier for anyone.

This shit show we are seeing will continue as long as he’s on the roster. I can understand that Ray is trying to maximize his return but when you know that your best player has a foot and a half out the door, it has to affect the rest of the team.

I can see us having a bounce back season next year, especially if Shero goes out and hires a coach with experience.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Hall is the elephant in the room and his presence isn’t making it easier for anyone.

This **** show we are seeing will continue as long as he’s on the roster. I can understand that Ray is trying to maximize his return but when you know that your best player has a foot and a half out the door, it has to affect the rest of the team.

I can see us having a bounce back season next year, especially if Shero goes out and hires a coach with experience.

You think the team is struggling because Taylor Hall is still here? LMAO. No.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

When the best player on your team is playing half-assed with 0 interest in the benefit of the team...it does make a difference whether you want to believe it or not.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

Yes, I do.

Is it all on him, absolutely not but he is one of the main issues, absolutely.

You can cry about Hynes or Shero all you want, at the end of the day, the guys on the ice make the difference. The guy has 4 goals and one of them is in an empty net.

His poor play has reflected on the rest of the team. Our best player has to carry the team and lead by example, period. He wants to be viewed as "the guy", then man the f*** up and be "the guy".

He’s letting time pass by because he knows it’s a matter of weeks before he gets moved elsewhere and he’ll probably kick it in overdrive when he lands on a contender.

The quicker Ray pulls the trigger, the sooner we’ll start moving forward. Right now, we’re just stuck in mud.

Reactions: mdj12784

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
He’s being ridiculous. I’ll settle for Boeser and a 1st lol

'settle'?

I think we'd be lucky to just get Boeser or the 1st. Maybe I'm underselling the market, but it is no longer obvious to me that folks will pay top dollar considering knee worries, the fact we're in the toilet, and that he seems to be a pure rental.

For sure, if a couple of teams step forward and look like they are close, or if Hall will listen to contract talk before the deal - it would make an enormous difference, but at this point in the season it's really tough to peg his value.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
'settle'?

I think we'd be lucky to just get Boeser or the 1st. Maybe I'm underselling the market, but it is no longer obvious to me that folks will pay top dollar considering knee worries, the fact we're in the toilet, and that he seems to be a pure rental.

For sure, if a couple of teams step forward and look like they are close, or if Hall will listen to contract talk before the deal - it would make an enormous difference, but at this point in the season it's really tough to peg his value.

It was a joke lol

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
I think Hall is viewed as the go to guy on the team. Young guys defer to him, might be better to just move him sooner then later to have the young guys be THE GUYS.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Leafs-Flyers broadcast, experts were asked which team is most likely to get Hall.

Bob McKenzie - Colorado
Dave Poulin - Colorado
Jeff O’Neill - San Jose

“The trainer in Colorado is getting the jersey ready for Hall right now.”

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Right or wrong but hall isn’t going anywhere now. Shero will give the team 10-15 games after Hynes to see if they can get something going before moving hall. Stupid he waited this long to get rid of Hynes because to me the longer we wait to trade hall the less the return is. But he would look foolish trading hall after getting rid of Hynes

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Right or wrong but hall isn’t going anywhere now. Shero will give the team 10-15 games after Hynes to see if they can get something going before moving hall. Stupid he waited this long to get rid of Hynes because to me the longer we wait to trade hall the less the return is. But he would look foolish trading hall after getting rid of Hynes

The only thing that can make Shero look worse than he already does would be to not get the best return for Hall that he possibly can. He may be a flawed GM but he at least tends to do well in trades.

Reactions: Devilsfan992
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad