Confirmed with Link: Taylor Hall and Curtis Lazar to Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Yes but money and ice time etc

I love Rakell - I’d have traded a first and elite prospects for him & Mason yesterday

Garland works RW

what’s up with Garland ?

mckinnon throws helmet at him

he low bridges Stone yesterday

he grew up a Bruins fan on South Shore / does he think he’s Brad Marchand volume 1?
Garland when he played junior had some attitude problems as well, but I would still take him at the right price.

Reactions: DKH

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I don't disagree with you. Nash was unfortunate, still a net loss. Mojo they wanted back, but he didn't. net loss. Not saying they were bad moves, just not saying they are wins.

If we don't win and Hall walks, was this trade a win? It was another nice attempt.

That said, given the situation, I wouldn't NOT do it. Just might not be the "win" if doesn't amount to much.
Completely see your side. I would consider it a win since we got Lazar who is just what the doctor ordered to allow us to roll a 4th line again.

I'm going with cautious optimism because the last year has taught me that sometimes you just have to wait and see what happens.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Here's hoping he's like an out of control kid screaming for some structure from his "I want to be my kid's friend" type parents. The quality of leadership in the Bruins room may be just the thing he needs.
He definitely seems like a guy who thrives best in a structured setting where he has a defined roll but also has the opportunity to grow. He needs accountability but he also needs positive reinforcement.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Completely see your side. I would consider it a win since we got Lazar who is just what the doctor ordered to allow us to roll a 4th line again.

I'm going with cautious optimism because the last year has taught me that sometimes you just have to wait and see what happens.
I'm exactly with you there.

I like to keep my expectations low, having higher ones gets me overly frustrated with the Bruins over the years haha.

Reactions: Trizz617 and Alicat

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Here's hoping he's like an out of control kid screaming for some structure from his "I want to be my kid's friend" type parents. The quality of leadership in the Bruins room may be just the thing he needs.
That's pretty much how I see it. Won't be surprised if the decides to stay by not making it about the money. Hopefully he realized money isn't always a guarantee for success.

Reactions: Trizz617 and jgatie

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

with all due respect to Nash, I think that deal was mediocre even before the injury. Nash was a 20 goal guy at that point (& continued that pace in Boston despite people saying it was just because he was on a bad Rangers team). Fact of the matter is he was already in his 30's & declining. It wasn't quite on the level of adding Brian Leetch of Paul Coffey way past their prime, but it wasn't really getting the legit RW they needed (he wasn't even a natural RW)....it was a compromise. The bad luck of the concussion made it worse, but in hindsight I think it would have actually turned out to be pretty awful if they had extended him because I don't think he was gonna be more than a 20 goal guy here.

I feel much better about the Hall deal because it's a guy under 30 and still with some gas left in the tank.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Yes, he has a lot of opportunities, and he's correct.

He COULD be a good fit and he has a CHANCE to make it work.

That said, if the Bruins don't win, and Hall walks, I'll be pretty disappointed with nothing to show for it again. (although we did also get Lazar)
Agreed, this is one of those situation when all parties involved want the transaction to succeed. Without Hall's agreement with his no movement clause this wouldn't happen. SO?..he wants to be in Boston.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I may be in the minority but I love the Lazar part of the deal. Just a much better fit for this team now and moving forward than Anders Bjork was. A natural right-shooting forward that is capable enough defensively to play C, but can also be a good two-way winger.

Meanwhile, Bjork's "ability" or willingness to play his off-wing (RW) in the end probably hurt him as far as his NHL career progression goes. They could use him at RW, which they did at times, but probably shouldn't of.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
with all due respect to Nash, I think that deal was mediocre even before the injury. Nash was a 20 goal guy at that point (& continued that pace in Boston despite people saying it was just because he was on a bad Rangers team). Fact of the matter is he was already in his 30's & declining. It wasn't quite on the level of adding Brian Leetch of Paul Coffey way past their prime, but it wasn't really getting the legit RW they needed (he wasn't even a natural RW)....it was a compromise. The bad luck of the concussion made it worse, but in hindsight I think it would have actually turned out to be pretty awful if they had extended him because I don't think he was gonna be more than a 20 goal guy here.

I feel much better about the Hall deal because it's a guy under 30 and still with some gas left in the tank.

This is probably the biggest needle mover of Sweeney's tenure. Potentially that is. I cant dismiss the Coyle and Mojo pickups as they helped lead us to the finals. But dam, it feels good.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
but he has 2 goals which you berated Krejci for all day yesterday lol.

No more excuses from the Krejci fanboys, if he can't start producing some offense now, especially on 5 x 5 with a motivated Hall on his wing it will be time for him to move on next year. That being said, I am optimistic that both of them will be energized by this and can regain their scoring touch.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If pastrnak continues to play poorly with hall and krejci (assuming thats the line) id strongly consider moving pastrnak in the offseason. For a haul obviously. But that would make me nervous that hes just a product of marchand and bergeron in some capacity. Not saying he still isnt great. But maybe only a 35 goal scorer vs a 50.
:thumbd: Yikes

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If pastrnak continues to play poorly with hall and krejci (assuming thats the line) id strongly consider moving pastrnak in the offseason. For a haul obviously. But that would make me nervous that hes just a product of marchand and bergeron in some capacity. Not saying he still isnt great. But maybe only a 35 goal scorer vs a 50.

Brutal suggestion. 0/10, would not suggest again.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
so what to we have for lines now?

Marchand-Bergy-smith
Hall-Krejci-Pasta
Debrusk-Coyle-Lazar
Ritchie-Kuraly-Wagner

Id still like Frederic in there ahead of Ritchie.
I think Ritchie is killing the power play too.

Defense

Lauzon-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Kelley-Miller

Still like to get Ekholm and drop Gryz down to 3rd pair.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad