Recalled/Assigned: Taylor Chorney Recalled From Baby Pens

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Obviously Geno probably can't go tomorrow so atleast they'll have 6 D now. I don't know if Chorney has to stay up with the big club for the duration of the regular season or until Geno gets back though? Maybe someone else can answer that.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Didn't we see some comment saying Chorney has been playing the best of the youngsters lately?
Looking forward to seeing him.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I assume they could only afford Chorney's cap hit and not Dumoulin/Harrington.

Good job GM consortium!

Bunch of idiots.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
I assume they could only afford Chorney's cap hit and not Dumoulin/Harrington.

Good job GM consortium!

Bunch of idiots.

I thought they couldn't afford ANY Cap hit, and this is purely allowed due to Emergency Clause.
??

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Didn't we see some comment saying Chorney has been playing the best of the youngsters lately?
Looking forward to seeing him.

It may be as much about who is comfortable playing on the right side, which Chorney has been doing. Dumo and Harrington both look a lot better on the left.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Strangely, with all the babbling DK and our famous media did about 5D, and the CBA, not one mentioned the Emergency clause....

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
It may be as much about who is comfortable playing on the right side, which Chorney has been doing. Dumo and Harrington both look a lot better on the left.

I'm pretty sure it's a cap thing. They couldn't call up anyone with higher than 600ish per the emergency call up procedures.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
cue further embarrassment when another freshly called up defenseman is objectively better than scuderi

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Ah! OK thanks Shady, didn't know that.

No problem. I honestly didn't know the specifics on that until someone else explained it to me on this board. It's amazing how much more people on this board know the rules of the CBA than the people paid to report on it.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Was just about to say same. I learn more here than from ostensibly qualified media sources.
DK rambled on and on yesterday about CBA and had no clue, it was embarrassing.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
cue further embarrassment when another freshly called up defenseman is objectively better than scuderi

HAH. And I'm sure it will be reported that way. Not.
Mackey or DK will Tweet how Chorney was at fault for some goal when he wasn't even on the ice.

Look forward to the hilarity.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
No problem. I honestly didn't know the specifics on that until someone else explained it to me on this board. It's amazing how much more people on this board know the rules of the CBA than the people paid to report on it.

Not to mention our braintrust!

Who are you talking about? If it's JR then you're wrong.

Whoever is in charge of the salary cap.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
HAH. And I'm sure it will be reported that way. Not.
Mackey or DK will Tweet how Chorney was at fault for some goal when he wasn't even on the ice.

Look forward to the hilarity.

They were/are totally clueless about it. JB on the WBS beat had it right a few days ago. Sad when the AHL guy (reporter) is worlds better than the guys in Pittsburgh.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
It's hard to look like a cap genius when multiple high salary players go down right around the time LTIR is no longer an option.

Cap genius was thrown out the door a long time ago. Like the time we re-signed Kunitz, Dupuis, and Scuds to lifetime deals with ~ $4 million cap hits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad