Player Discussion: #TavaresWatch: It's Over. Thomas Hickey, come get the Stanley Cup! (Warning #2834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I'm a frequent lurker but never post. I figured this would be a good time and way to start.
View attachment 128069

Enjoy.

Thank you for this ! This is beautiful.

I don’t know if you take request but I was wonder if someone more talented than me can make one with the little islanders Peeing cartoon peeing on his face as he lays in his leafs sheets.

I want to make it into a shirt.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
And you better hope they don't find dinosaur bones in the ground when those shovels go in....

That's why they are employing an all-creationism digging team, headed up by ex-Met Carl "Jurassic" Everett. For those unaware, and to lighten the mood, enjoy a Carl quote -

"God created the sun, the stars, the heavens and the earth, and then made Adam and Eve. The Bible never says anything about dinosaurs. You can't say there were dinosaurs when you never saw them. Somebody actually saw Adam and Eve eating apples. No one ever saw a Tyrannosaurus rex."

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
i've always had my suspicions that he is on the autism spectrum (most likely aspergers if i had to guess). Kind of makes sense with the social awkwardness, yet incredibly gifted/genius at the one thing they focus primarily on. This is typically the case for folks on the spectrum in varying instances

He does have asperger's.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
How would you have done it though? Because the trade deadline would never have worked. And trading at the draft wouldn't work because he wasn't allowed to talk to anyone. There was no chance he would get traded.

How would a trade deadline deal not worked? The Isles would have gotten SOME asset back in return. Once the deadline passes, you can't trade your assets. Once the season ends, the only value JT had to the Isles was the ability to offer an 8th year...

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Lorwood-

I happen to like you/your posts very much. However to say that the Isles "dodged a bullet" to let a #1 franchise center walk out the door for nothing is being too cavalier at best and really disingenuous at worst. Nothing positive comes from Tavares leaving.

And I think Lou is a pretty ideal person to install as President - That's not the issue. The issue is that something is just wrong with the Islander franchise/brand. All we ever have is the future, and it NEVER works out in the end.

So my point is...I'm not sure that even Lou can overcome whatever it is that is keeping this franchise down. I'm praying for it, but the only way even Lou can convince me is when we're winning playoff rounds and hovering around the finals.

Short of that then the misery will continue and most Isles fans will continue to TELL me how bright the future looks.

Always "the future..." "The future...The future...The future..."

Let me know when "the present" is good. Then I'll celebrate. Because right now I'm disappointed for the millionth time.

Be patient! the future! we won a round! I got fed up with this mentality after we won the Panthers series and botched that off-season. I called the high water mark of the Tavares era at that time, wish I was wrong but I wasn't.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Listen, Taveras feels safe and comfy with his blankie home in Toronto. It's cool. He lied to us, we'll move on without him, but everyone knows, don't piss off thousands of people then post a picture of yourself online. Common sense.
You think his mommy puts towels under the sheets for when he wets the bed?

ScottyDont55

Thank you for this ! This is beautiful.

I don’t know if you take request but I was wonder if someone more talented than me can make one with the little islanders Peeing cartoon peeing on his face as he lays in his leafs sheets.

I want to make it into a shirt.

Attachments

• tavares_peed on.jpg
    tavares_peed on.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 67

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
I love how everyone is bashing a player who poured his heart and soul into a team for 9 years. And after nine frustrating years of bad management he said enough is enough and left?
NYI fans are some of the best in the NHL, JT loved to play for Long Island but after 9 years of some of the worst management in the league I would want out too.
Ever hear of the saying a little too late? That is what happened here. If the islanders would have had the switch at the beginning of the year, maybe not from Weight but from Snow. And the new Gm being Lou or whoever had made an effort to get a goalie and get some defense things could be difference.
Don't be mad at a player who was clearly driven away from poor management.
I think if you had the choice of playing for a competitor for years to come that just happenes to be your hometown team or stay with a team that does love you but has horrible habits that don't change, the choice is really simple.

He had the opportunity to go to a contender at the trade deadline. He rejected it. The way he handled the whole thing reeks of maybe he was part of the problem and doesn't deserve a better culture.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I bet people on the autism spectrum really like having some jerk's behavior chalked up to something they actually struggle with.

As somebody who's concentration is psychology and who has worked with children that have Autism I hope whatever causes him to do that makes him look like a f***ing idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad