Injury Report: Tavares out minimum two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
It relates because the JT signing and Kadri trade has left as weak down the middle.
Pittsburgh is weak down middle now with Malkin out too. Injuries happen.

JT will be back next week. maybe even saturday night depending on how he feels in practice.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
It relates because the JT signing and Kadri trade has left as weak down the middle.

Going to assume you mean "the JT signing injury and Kadri trade has left as us weak down the middle."

I'd be worried about the defense as well. Seems to be a constant theme with this team. I just read that Marincin is paired with Barrie now that Muzzin is injured. Hope Muzzin returns soon.

Might want to replace "as" with "us" as well.

Reactions: Koolboss

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'd be worried about the defense as well. Seems to be a constant theme with this team. I just read that Marincin is paired with Barrie now that Muzzin is injured. Hope Muzzin returns soon.

I think Maricin is just a place holder for practice.
I don't think Muzzin is going to miss any games.

Reactions: Buds17

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013

That's good. All I heard about Muzzin's injury was charley horse & no timeline for his return. I was worried he might miss some games. If either Reilly or Muzzin goes down, I'd worry that our blueline is vulnerable.

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
But then no Kerfoot, so we'd have Spezza or someone of that ilk as our 3rd line C. May have been forced to retain Bozak there. Also, no Barrie, although wed be able to retain Jake.

On paper though u take Tavarez, Kerfoot, Barrie over Kadri, Bozak, Jake quite easily imo, even if Barrie is a rental.
Would much rather have Kadri and Gardiner over Kerfoot and Barrie. For me not even close

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Would much rather have Kadri and Gardiner over Kerfoot and Barrie. For me not even close
I hate to say it but based on last nights play - yes. Barrie man something is wrong here. I can't figure it out. He looked to me watching him closely in Avs playoffs last year that he loved to carry the puck and make plays. I don't see that with Leafs. A guy does not change his stripes that fast. Damn i thought he was exactly what we needed. 2 guys who could lug the puck out of our end.
Kerfoot is ok. Nothing spectacular but he does skate like the wind and he plays a strong positional game. But Kadri provided some more skill, grit and life.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
$8.5M for Naz & Jake
$6.25M for Kerfoot & Barrie

Tough being the richest broke team in the NHL

It wasn't that long ago when some espoused that we wouldn't have cap issues. All we needed to do was replace older, more expensive players with good talent from our brimming prospect pool. I never thought it would be that easy as the idea or concept is simple & obvious, yet all teams seem to run into problems sooner or later. I don't think we recognize or talk as much about the impact of the salary cap as much as its warranted.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
To save 8mil they would.

6.5, and Kadri will likely be getting 7.5+ on his next deal. We likely could’ve kept Kadri for another year (maybeeee 2) but then his contract is an expiring one and we don’t get near the return we did.

And who do you want playing 2RD?

$8.5M for Naz & Jake
$6.25M for Kerfoot & Barrie

Tough being the richest broke team in the NHL

We all know Gards was done here as much as we want to fantasize.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I'll say it now and said it when JT was signed. Great player but Leafs did not need him it was a bad signing that will cost this team.
I had mixed feelings about the signing as well.. Then the thought of having 2 #1 Centers seemed like it could be a good thing.Plus he wanted to come here! The length of the contract,not the amount of money was concerning. Players are usually on the downslope after 30...but he brings a great work ethic,that should be valuable for the young guys to learn from. Really not sure who they would have spent the money on anyway. Had a great first year ...hope he has many more!

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I had mixed feelings about the signing as well.. Then the thought of having 2 #1 Centers seemed like it could be a good thing.Plus he wanted to come here! The length of the contract,not the amount of money was concerning. Players are usually on the downslope after 30...but he brings a great work ethic,that should be valuable for the young guys to learn from. Really not sure who they would have spent the money on anyway. Had a great first year ...hope he has many more!
That money could be spend on a top 4D and a decent 3rd line center, but yes wish him all the best.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
That money could be spend on a top 4D and a decent 3rd line center, but yes wish him all the best.
Of course it would be spent on whatever they thought was helpful . Just that,at the time I'm not sure what quality of player was available. Hey,they're stuck with him now,so yeah ,hope he tears it up!

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I was told it depends on swelling in his finger. They are taping it hard for practice. If it blows up when they take tape off after practice on Friday then it will be next week. If it was the playoffs he might have played through the broken finger. Lets hope for the best. Getting JT back will give us 2 lines again. We are hard to beat with 2 top lines.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
upload_2019-10-31_7-44-50.jpeg

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Tavares was a big flex and the right splash but not necessarily the most perfect and urgent fit. Kind of the opposite of San Jose who really needed Tavares but ended up with Karlsson, we really needed that big splash to be Drew Doughty. I don’t regret it at all but merely stating how it could have been more perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad