Proposal: Tavares for Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Millers attitude and Matthews swagger on the same team… what a thing that would be.

This is a lose / lose trade

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Canucks would like to but I doubt they could make it work cap wise, even if it is just for 2 years. Plus Tavares would obviously block the trade.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Leafs move JT for 3M cap savings but 8 years term vs the 2 years left they have on the JT deal.

Who says no?

Assume no issues with NMC
I hope you never need to see your franchise that bad like the flyers. I cant understand how someone wish JT gone. And never ever for Miller!
But if you start to do trades like this the leafs will be bad in 2 years!

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
JT Miller is like if Marners dad laced them up and played with the team

Not only is this the worst trade since Ryder, Halak, 2nd, and probably a troll, but Miller would instantly be hated by the entire dressing room

Hes untradeable unless they ring up Ken Holland

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
LOL Miller isn't any better than Tavares, No reason for either Toronto or Vancouver to do this. Plus no way does Tavares waive his NMC for Vancouver.

LOL for 2 years of Tavares for 7 years of Miller, Vancouver would be the ones sending the picks or sweeteners not Toronto.

Vancouver would absolutely do this, not only would They get the better player but they would get significantly less term.

I hope you never need to see your franchise that bad like the flyers. I cant understand how someone wish JT gone. And never ever for Miller!
But if you start to do trades like this the leafs will be bad in 2 years!

Bad like the Flyers?

Been there, done that the 2006-2016 Leafs were a thing that existed.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Couldn’t come up with a better proposal to piss off both fan base and all the players involved. Great job!
kind of disappointing he couldn't come up with a three-way trade to get more players and fan bases involved.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
why do that when Tavares takes league minimum with TML for a shot at getting to round 2 once his deal ends

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Miller would be the best skater to play for the Habs in 00s onwards. He isnt some bum

Hes an elite player. Best player for the Canucks or 2nd this year.

Leafs would be incredible offensively if we had Miller

It was a reference to this GOAT thread:

As well as a good ol' jab right in the ribs of the Leafs

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
It was a reference to this GOAT thread:

As well as a good ol' jab right in the ribs of the Leafs
I see true true

Obviously timeline has passed now. Miller will be a Canuck for his full deal unless he gets hurt

Leafa have 1 year of JT at 11M left to painfully go through

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I see true true

Obviously timeline has passed now. Miller will be a Canuck for his full deal unless he gets hurt

Leafa have 1 year of JT at 11M left to painfully go through

I think that Tavares will still be a Leaf after the deal expire, just not at that humongous price

A 5.5 AAV /2y seems correct for him IMO

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Tavares was always signing to stay in Toronto through the end of that contract. That's what can happen when you sign a local product. He demanded a veto and meant it.. He'll likely re-sign for less money and term this summer, and the price is another full NMC. The most they may be able to negotiate him down is a 10 team NTC or so in the outyear(s), few enough teams so that he should be able to massage it with his selections so that it's effectively a full NMC..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad