Speculation: Tatar in Play with Avs if Kreider Falls Through - Per Adrian Dater (Colorado Reporter)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I like it but that would make much more sense if Kovalchuk (and not Tatar) would be in play, no?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Fk69QjI.gif

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
We can sell both. It would indicate that we are in a rebuild mode.

I'm sure both are. Not with the same team. But if Tatar is indeed on the market, then you know Kovalchuk is, as well.

I said that from the Colorado perspective. I mean... Kovalchuk would be a good B-plan as a replacement for missing on Kreider. Tatar would just be, you know, another plan altogether.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I said that from the Colorado perspective. I mean... Kovalchuk would be a good B-plan as a replacement for missing on Kreider. Tatar would just be, you know, another plan altogether.

Okay I got you. But as fun as Kovalchuk is, right now, Tatar is closer to being a Plan B for Kreider than Kovalchuk is. Especially when you consider that Colorado will be without Rantanen until probably the playoffs. They're already missing Kadri and Calvert. So they'd be looking to bring in someone who is more likely to step in and produce. And between Tatar and Kovalchuk, Tatar is the one having a career year.

Not to mention they would have Tatar for another year, too.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm worried about a lot of things who Bergevin, but selling players is absolutely not one of them. We will get a great return for Tatar if we trade him.

He certainly did well with Pacioretty - and Weise and Fleischmann at another deadline.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I predict Tatar is going to Edmonton Oilers in exchange for Puljujarvi and 1st pick!
I would be happy for Edmonton fans if they went out and got both Kovalchuk and Tatar - but I'd only be happy for them if we got a king's ransom in return.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Good. Avs have a deep system. With Rantanen out the rest of the year they need a legit scoring winger. Tatar is that. And, he has an additional year on his contract unlike Kreider, who is UFA, so no rental.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad