Rumor: Tarasenko will not be protected in expansion draft

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
I hope the Blues fan who jumped down my throat last week because I said Tarasenko for Kuznetsov might make sense for both teams sees now that Tarasenko was not, in fact, substantially more valuable.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Call me a fool but I think if I'm Seattle I pick Dunn and sign him long term...

the available defensemen are not that great and Dunn is only 24.

Tarasenko is expensive, older and has a history of injuries. And Voracek is available for a sinilar cost

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021

Tarasenko is expensive, older and has a history of injuries. And Voracek is available for a sinilar cost

there's some smoke out there that puts Seattle in the middle of a 3 way trade involving Tarasenko, which would explain Army exposing him. up until last week, Vladi was on every protected list noted, which would allow Army to keep working the trade angle.
gonna be an interesting week or so

Reactions: abo9

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I hope the Blues fan who jumped down my throat last week because I said Tarasenko for Kuznetsov might make sense for both teams sees now that Tarasenko was not, in fact, substantially more valuable.

If you are refering to me. I meerly stated that kuznetsovs substance abuse Was undesireable.

Reactions: amosmoses

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If you are refering to me. I meerly stated that kuznetsovs substance abuse Was undesireable.

Does he have substance abuse issued or just a case having a little fun. I hate this idea that if you do drugs on occasion that somehow means you have a problem. Beyond that if doing blow equals substance abuse I would love to see how many nhl players or athletes in general have s"substance abuse" issues

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Does he have substance abuse issued or just a case having a little fun. I hate this idea that if you do drugs on occasion that somehow means you have a problem. Beyond that if doing blow equals substance abuse I would love to see how many nhl players or athletes in general have s"substance abuse" issues

I'll take "Way more than most people think." for $500 Alex.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
there's some smoke out there that puts Seattle in the middle of a 3 way trade involving Tarasenko, which would explain Army exposing him. up until last week, Vladi was on every protected list noted, which would allow Army to keep working the trade angle.
gonna be an interesting week or so
Is this the Flyers rumor or another one?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

If it 8s public then its an issue. Its nothing personal just rather not deal with that.

Reactions: amosmoses

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC

Ya but the problem is Dunn isn’t that good.

amosmoses

Aug 26, 2018
I’m with Colt on this one. I have no use for drugs on my team. I don’t want it and I don’t support it. To each their own, but I have morals that don’t encompass that.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I’m with Colt on this one. I have no use for drugs on my team. I don’t want it and I don’t support it. To each their own, but I have morals that don’t encompass that.

Lots of pro athletes partake in plenty of recreational activities you might not approve of. The real issue is when it veers into addiction, harming others, or otherwise affects their ability to do their job and becomes a distraction in the media or with the team. Kuznetsov might not actually have worse issues than plenty of players who have avoided the spotlight, but he's either stupid enough or unlucky enough for it to have become a distraction. If he's not past his issues, I hope he gets help and I don't want him on the Blues. If he's past his issues, then his down year is concerning - perhaps even more concerning than a player who had injury issues and could now be healthy.

I don't think it matters, though, because I think if there ever was a chance of these guys being exchanged, that ship has probably sailed.

Last edited:

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210718-221131_Signal.jpg
    Screenshot_20210718-221131_Signal.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad