Confirmed with Link: Tarasenko 50% & Mikkola to NYR for 1st RP, 4th RP, F S. Blais, and D H. Skinner

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
2024 3rd, but that’s ok
It's confusing because NYR doesn't have their 2024 3rd. Arizona does unless the Coyotes choose to take the 2026 2nd instead. So unless the Coyotes do that I have no idea how we are going to get a 2024 3rd from them. Maybe it's a typo and they mean a 2023 3rd? Still really confusing for me because none of the national guys have picked up on this or said anything about it

Reactions: Mike Liut

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
It's confusing because NYR doesn't have their 2024 3rd. Arizona does unless the Coyotes choose to take the 2026 2nd instead. So unless the Coyotes do that I have no idea how we are going to get a 2024 3rd from them. Maybe it's a typo and they mean a 2023 3rd? Still really confusing for me because none of the national guys have picked up on this or said anything about it

interesting. I didn’t realize they didn’t have a 2024 3rd. But that’s what was reported.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
NYR trade with Coyotes last July.
Nemeth + for Emberson
*Conditions: Arizona has the option to acquire Rangers 2024 3rd round pick OR 2026 2nd round pick.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
NYR fan here. I come in peace. I know nothing about Niko outside of stats. Can you guys tell me about him? Is he a legit dman or just a throw in?
To me Mikkola is a young raw talent with amazing upside. He has a huge reach, he doesn't shy away from physical play, fights, clears the front of the net, joins the rush. He just needs time to learn when to do them.

He went from 7th defenseman to top pairing with Parayko as a very green player.

In time he will be a monster IM

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
This sucks. Not the return, b/c it's fine. I would have liked to see the 1st be the higher of the two, but whatever. Tarasenko is a pending UFA who asked for a trade over a year ago and has a full NTC. Getting a 1st for him is amazing value, full stop. Getting anything at all for Mikkola is highway robbery, that dude is f***ing trash and I can't wait to never see him in a Blues uniform ever again giving the puck away to the other team or pretending like he has physicality b/c he kinda sorta pushes a few guys after the whistle. I've never seen him lay a hit on anyone ever. He's paper tiger soft, he just looks big and has a goofy face, so people think he's "tough."

No, what sucks is that Tarasenko is gone. Our Tarasenko. A guy we drafted, instead of traded for, like most historic Blues stars. A guy we all watched with bated breath in the KHL, hoping he would come over to America and give us hope after the darkness that was the mid 2000's. Who showed up after the horrific, soul-draining half-season lockout ended, and in the most dramatic fashion scored two goals in his debut against Detroit, absolutely undressing Kyle f***ing Quincy on his second one - making us think, for the very first time, that we might have finally drafted a legit superstar. The Forsberg goal against NY early in 2014 that showed he was ready for primetime, propelling him to the second most even strength goals in the NHL (Behind the guy who's probably going to have the all-time record when all is said and done) over a 5 or 6 year stretch. The guy who just WOULDN'T STOP SCORING in the playoffs - carrying us offensively with Schwartz and Schenn (At least through rounds 1-3) on the way to eventually helping us capture our one and only Stanley Cup.

This is the right move for the franchise now. But man it sucks that it came to this point. Goodbye 91, I hope to see your name in the rafters some day.
The way you describe your feeling about Tarasenko is exactly how we felt about Buch too :( one of our only homegrown stars ever and we had a horrible prospect pool for years except this obscure kid playing in the KHL that we hoped would come over

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Can't be upset with that. We got a return on a guy that was leaving for nothing in a few months. If ROR gets shipped we're looking at probably 3 first round picks in this years' draft. Those guys will probably be close to ready for the team when the current core is at their peak and then we have several cost controlled coming into the fold. This season was disappointing, but we're making the right moves to be back on track in a couple of years.

Reactions: Xerloris

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad