Tank Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
image.jpg

I know the team won't lose intentionally and I know they play hard every night. Secretly this is a reverse jinx thread (shhhh it worked last yeat) as I will still cheer for a win every game. But reality is we are in pretty tough to make the playoffs. At some point Chevy and co. may become sellers before the TD. There are some interesting changes to the draft lottery this year.

2016 NHL Draft Lottery

Beginning in 2016, the Draft Lottery will be utilized to assign the top three drafting slots in the NHL Draft, an expansion over previous years when the Draft Lottery was used to determine the winner of the first overall selection only.

Three draws will be held: the 1st Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting first overall, the 2nd Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting second overall and the 3rd Lottery draw will determine the club selecting third overall.

As a result of this change, the team earning the fewest points during the regular season will no longer be guaranteed, at worst, the second overall pick. That club could fall as low as fourth overall.

The allocation of odds for the 1st Lottery draw will be the same as outlined above for the 2015 NHL Draft Lottery. The odds for the remaining teams will increase on a proportionate basis for the 2nd Lottery draw, based on which Club wins the 1st Lottery draw, and again for the 3rd Lottery draw, based on which Club wins the 2nd Lottery draw.

The 11 Clubs not selected in the Draft Lottery will be assigned NHL Draft selections 4 through 14, in inverse order of regular-season points.

Non-Playoff Team
(Fewest Pts. to Most)

1 20.0%
2 13.5%
3 11.5%
4 9.5%
5 8.5%
6 7.5%
7 6.5%
8 6.0%
9 5.0%
10 3.5%
11 3.0%
12 2.5%
13 2.0%
14 1.0%

Last edited by a moderator:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Voted least likely to start Tank Thread: Aavco.

Well, so much for that! :laugh: ;)

If they decide to salvage the season with a signing or two, I'm fine with that. If the Jets can turn it around on the back of play of Helle (and hopefully Hutch, if he can re-find his game), then I'm OK with that.

If they CAN'T re-sign Ladd and Buff - get rid of them, play the youngsters, tank hard, and start again next year. I'm OK with either. What would be annoying is to simply stand pat if things don't improve.

Guess we'll get to see how this plays out in the next month or so.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
What could go wrong? Tanking guarantees you a Stanley Cup within three years. Every time. All it takes is one player to build a team.

Derfel*

Is this year's draft worth taking a big step backwards though? (Not that they'd ever do it intentionally...)

Derfel*

What could go wrong? Tanking guarantees you a Stanley Cup within three years. Every time. All it takes is one player to build a team.

if (edmontonoilers == TRUE) {

tank = TRUE
stanleycupin3years = stanleycupin3years + 1

}

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
Keep Maurice

Play Pardy/Postma/Harrison/Stuart big minutes.

Out for year bonus cheques to Little and Wheeler

Burmi to wing

Lowry 1st line centre

Put Ehlers Copp and Schieffle on 4th line and try to find them 3-4 minutes a night or less.

Spend big money on Drs who can get Pavs back and playing as our #1.....although Hutch has been awesome in that role.

Bribe the Draft committee

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Speaking of the Oilers...this must be how the last 8 years have felt for them - all hope gone by the end of November. We need 72 points in the 57 games remaining.

Derfel*

Speaking of the Oilers...this must be how the last 8 years have felt for them - all hope gone by the end of November. We need 72 points in the 57 games remaining.

I could see the Jets going 30-16-11...

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Ladd-Little-Byfuglien
Stafford-Scheifele-Wheeler
Thorburn-Lowry-Ehlers
Burmistrov-Perreault-Peluso

Stuart-Trouba
Enstrom-Myers
Pardy-Harrison

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I was curious when the tank thread would make an appearance. How the Jets managed to play one good game on Friday and then revert right back to crap the next day deserved this thread. Based on recent play running with Hutch as our starter should pretty much seal the deal.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Getting a first for Buff is pertinent if we deal him. Ladd could potentially get a first too. The trick is to deal them to bubble teams. A few points out of a Wild Card spot and hope they don't get in.
The more lottery picks you get the higher your odds are. Imagine having 3 and snagging the top 2 or even 3 picks. You could walk away with a Franchise player at C, W and D.
The Oilers problem was they always took BPA but you need defencemen. Simply taking BPA and trying trade for one is obviously a terrible strategy as they still haven't done it.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I was curious when the tank thread would make an appearance. How the Jets managed to play one good game on Friday and then revert right back to crap the next day deserved this thread. Based on recent play running with Hutch as our starter should pretty much seal the deal.

Axtually thought we didn't play that poorly. Only a few players crapped the bed. Unfortunately our goaltender was one of them

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Hopefully this has the same effect as last years tank thread..If not..Well I love the draft so having a high pick has some excitement for me as well. :nod:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I did, but still don't think we'll lose 9 games in OT/SO

Well, with .850 goaltending, we probably won't see much OT at all...

The Jets are on pace for 6-7 OTL total for the year. So 4-5 over the last 57 games.

34-19-4 or 34-18-5.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
This team can't even tank properly. They're missing a drive sprocket and going in circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad