Confirmed with Link: Tanev (75% retained) to Dallas for 2024 2nd, Artem Grushnikov, conditional 3rd in 2026 (if Stars reach SCF)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Its literally the shit ive been saying the whole time and you are the one arguing against it.
I argued against the garbage about zero development and then you moved the goalposts. No one was expecting a top 4 defenseman from the second round. No one is expecting a B prospect to turn into a top 4 defenseman.

Reactions: Nanuuk

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I'll be honest, everything I read on this Grushnikov guy does not fill me with optimism.

I don't know much about this guy, but if the Flames really "targeted" him (and I am not so sure that's true) I do trust our amateur and pro scouts. They've been a consistent bright spot for this franchise the last decade so if they see something in this kid I will put some faith in that.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
I argued against the garbage about zero development and then you moved the goalposts. No one was expecting a top 4 defenseman from the second round. No one is expecting a B prospect to turn into a top 4 defenseman.
If you could actually read, i said hes development has slowed, and i have explained to you thats because hes play at the other end of the ice is still non existent.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'll be honest, everything I read on this Grushnikov guy does not fill me with optimism.

I don't know much about this guy, but if the Flames really "targeted" him (and I am not so sure that's true) I do trust our amateur and pro scouts. They've been a consistent bright spot for this franchise the last decade so if they see something in this kid I will put some faith in that.
After watching 40 minutes of Tuesday's Texas Stars game, I am fairly optimistic. His skating is really good, especially backwards. His game is very safe from what I saw, he sees a mistake and immediately protects the slot, all but one of his breakout passes were short, safe passes, and he really only stepped up to pinch (for a hit) once in those 2 periods. I think a better skating Willie Mitchell is a good comp

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I think I see at least part of Conroy's plan.

Defensemen take longer to develop than forwards. It's practically a trope at this point.

Load up on young prospect defensemen, and draft impact/high skill forwards that can play early.

It might work, too if Wolf turns out.
Ya, I could care less about A or B labels on 20 year old DMen. What grade would Giordano have had at 20?
Out of Poirier, Solo, Kuz, Brewski, Grush, Morin - even if a couple bust, I'm sure a couple will take the steps they need

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Stars fans think we lost this one big time. I will leave it there.

Good for them?

You can't lose "big time" when trading a 34 year old UFA while you are sitting outside of the playoffs. We got fair value for the asset. It was always going to be along the lines of a late 1st or a 2nd + prospect. Josh Manson is the bang on comparison and they returned nearly identical packages.

I would have preferred more of a two way player with higher upside but if we get a guy who can slot into an NHL lineup for years to come it's a win regardless, and that doesn't account for the picks in play either.

Reactions: joescores

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
After losing Gaudreau for nothing I guess we shouldn’t be complaining about getting something for a 34 year old FA

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
I have not shared what I really think of this move and I will reserve my judgment for now but the below input from Mr Button makes me feel encouraged.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I don’t hate the deal or anything but all Button does is cater to every single Canadian fanbase except Toronto who he relentlessly shits on

Can’t take anything he says seriously

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don’t hate the deal or anything but all Button does is cater to every single Canadian fanbase except Toronto who he relentlessly shits on

Can’t take anything he says seriously
What Button said about Grush in the first half, is exactly what everyone else has been saying too.

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017
What Button said about Grush in the first half, is exactly what everyone else has been saying too.

I don’t know, stylistically I think he hit the nail on the head, sure.

Comparing him to Tanev and then saying there’s no doubt in his mind that he’s going to play in the NHL and be a really solid defender is kind of insulting

Less than 5% of players with his production in their draft +2 year make the NHL and the ones that do are like 6-7 defensemen most of the time

I’m rooting for the kid but that’s a stretch

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don’t know, stylistically I think he hit the nail on the head, sure.

Comparing him to Tanev and then saying there’s no doubt in his mind that he’s going to play in the NHL and be a really solid defender is kind of insulting

Less than 5% of players with his production in their draft +2 year make the NHL and the ones that do are like 6-7 defensemen most of the time

I’m rooting for the kid but that’s a stretch
how the f*** is that insulting?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Because there’s a lot of doubt that he’ll ever be an NHL regular let alone a Chris Tanev level defender?
If you find opinions that a player might turn out to be good insulting, you need to seek professional help

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017
If you find opinions that a player might turn out to be good insulting, you need to seek professional help

I just said I find Button annoying and that he’s overhyping this dude lol. Maybe you could recommend a therapist to me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad