GDT: Tampa

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
Yeah Bishop really evened it out after his big performance last game against Cgy. Dal played well in stretches but also had tons of mistakes/turnovers. Tampa's speed gave us fits. Overall, will take the point and really liked to see how the team didn't quit.

kohorevolution

Apr 8, 2015
Rimouski
Hey guys! Habs fan here... I love your team and the way the guys play! Every game I watch they seem to play like if it was the playoffs! In my opinion, Bishop isn’t really good. He has great size but his technique is not so great... Hope it works out well for you!

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Really disappointing end to this game that we probably should have won in OT. Lucky bounce and goal to end it is a really horrible way for a game like this to end. Good to get a point though, could've ended much worse.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Hey guys! Habs fan here... I love your team and the way the guys play! Every game I watch they seem to play like if it was the playoffs! In my opinion, Bishop isn’t really good. He has great size but his technique is not so great... Hope it works out well for you!

Thanks and it does feel like that a lot it nearly gives me a heart attack every game lmao. Yeah I don't trust Bishop. Most Stars fans don't

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
Really disappointing end to this game that we probably should have won in OT. Lucky bounce and goal to end it is a really horrible way for a game like this to end. Good to get a point though, could've ended much worse.

Yeah totally agree. Our second was dreadful so in the grand scheme we were lucky to salvage the point with a good third. I sure wish Dal would've buried one in OT though...

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah totally agree. Our second was dreadful so in the grand scheme we were lucky to salvage the point with a good third. I sure wish Dal would've buried one in OT though...

Ikr...2 posts hit and Benn didn't know he had enough time to get a legit shot on that half empty net. Oh well. Could've been sitting here saying it sucks how we didn't at least get a point, but we did so I can't complain.

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
On the bright side it was nice to finally get more than 2 goals in a game and someone scoring other than Segs. Tampa is a completely different team without Kucherov, Vasi on the bench, and an injured Palat. Obviously Hedman and Stamkos are beast and Point and Gourde provide super tough matchups and they're clearly a level or two above Dal. It's crazy to imagine how good they'll be at max strength and with the addition of Mcdonagh.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Noticed the empty seats while watching the highlights. Is that typical? Holding down a playoff spot and playing a top opponent, I was surprised to see that. Particularly with no NFL, no MLB to compete with.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I was trying to trade out some tickets on my season ticket package for this or WPG. There were reportedly close to 1,000 tickets available for this, while WPG was a Saturday sell out.

For one, yes weekends tend to sell out, week days against lesser known teams (literally any team except the original six, which always pack the house with the other teams sweaters) sell less well. However, in any case, the near sell out represents tickets distributed, and there are apparently a lot of season ticket holders who figure they don't need to go to every game, as many lower bowl seats sit vacant. And, from watching ESPN highlights, it seems that way at nearly every sporting event these days.

I know for what I pay, I hate to skip any games, maybe only 5 in 25 years where I didn't give the seats away. I do normally split my tickets half and half, so can't say what my seat partners do.

I also hear that Galardi has reversed the JN policy of giving away large blocks of tickets to assure the stadium looks full, but there are many promotions. In stadium, you can always tell the true sell outs by looking up to the third level to see if those seats are filled, usually with walk up ticket sales.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Noticed the empty seats while watching the highlights. Is that typical? Holding down a playoff spot and playing a top opponent, I was surprised to see that. Particularly with no NFL, no MLB to compete with.

Typical for a weekday. Like someone else said though weekends are when it sells out

HockeyStatistician

Feb 26, 2018
Texas

Keep in mind DFW collectively is extremely large, but the overall density of Dallas compared to other markets is no where near as significant, which leads to longer travel times within the metroplex (also account for a very limited public transportation presence) and why you see lighter crowds during weekdays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad