Tampa vs Nashville vs Pittsburgh (disappointment)

Biggest disappointment if knocked out early?

• Tampa

Votes: 38 44.7%
  • Nashville

Votes: 40 47.1%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 7 8.2%

• Total voters

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Pens could get knocked early for the next ten seasons and it wouldn't be disappointing, they have the hardware. Bolts are starting a goalie who is in his first year of being "the man" so who even knows how the pressure will affect him.

Preds are the most well rounded, veteran laden team, with the experience of last season, this SHOULD be their time to get it done.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Has to be Nashville. Pittsburgh won 2 Cups lol it wouldn't even be disappointing at all. Considering how far Nashville made it last year, it'd be very surprising and shocking to see such a good team get knocked out fast. Tampa is still really young. I'd suspect they'll be contenders for several years to come

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Nashville id say... they look the most dominant... and the west is kinda weak this season

Sucks anaheim is aiming for the 8 seed to knock them out in round 1 ;)

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Tampa I think.

They've been the best team with the best players all year. Expectations are really high. Nashville slightly less so

I think Pitt losing early would be a huge disappointment but they already have the "cup fatigue" excuse ready to go

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I would say Nashville. They are looking really good right now. Pittsburgh wouldnt be a disappointment because they have played a lot of hockey. I could see it. Tampa would be a big disappointment too. But not as much as Nashville because Tampa isnt playing well right now and the confidence around the team is shrinking a bit. I think Tampa becomes the bigger disappointment if they get far but dont win it. Nashville is looking like the Presidents Trophy winners and the best team in hockey. If they lost early it would shock a lot of people. As a TB fan I wouldnt be surprised to see us tossed early. Not the way they are playing right now.

Reactions: iSophagus

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's not Pittsburgh because of how much hockey they've played in the last 2 years. Who cares if they lose early in the playoffs this year (early meaning anything before the ECF)? They have 2 cups in the last 2 years and have played more hockey than anyone in the last 3 seasons. Tampa and Nashville? They went all in this year and traded significant prospects for win now help. They're expected to go deep, anything beyond what the Penguins have already accomplished is gravy.

Reactions: Syrinx

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Tampa does have one more year of this group, so the McD trade isn't necessarily won or lost based on this offseason, but man going out in the first or second round would be a stinker.

Still - think it's Nashville. After a SCF appearance last season and a dominant regular season, plus trading for Turris and Hartman, and Pekka having his best season ever, an early out would hurt.

Reactions: iSophagus

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Gotta be Nashville. They made it to the final last year, they know the window is open right now. They added Hartman at the deadline, and their starting goalie is at the top of his game. I can't explain it, but it feels like their year.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Tampa has too many talented players in their prime at all key positions, Nashville is D heavy and pretty good elsewhere - Offense is good but not comparable to Tampa and Rinne is great, but is inconsistent at times and old. Nashville is likelier to falter IMO due to these reasons. So the answer has to be Tampa.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Penguins fan might be disappointed if knocked out early but they still have the back to back cups to fall back on. Nashville and TB on the other hand, have rosters with no holes and both playing at top of their game, it's gonna be more disappointing to their team and fans if they get knocked out early.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Pens could get knocked early for the next ten seasons and it wouldn't be disappointing, they have the hardware. Bolts are starting a goalie who is in his first year of being "the man" so who even knows how the pressure will affect him.

Preds are the most well rounded, veteran laden team, with the experience of last season, this SHOULD be their time to get it done.

This sums up what I was going to say. Even as a Pens fan I can't get upset at anything that happens this year with the hardware already in tow, the Bolts are a team whose window has bust open with aplomb, but the Preds are the most balanced team this season and this is probably their best chance for a title.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
For me it would be the Pens, well because I would be disappointed just like every year they don't win a Cup!!!

The correct answer IMO however is Nashville
They went to the Finals last year, and made huge moves this season to go all in
If they don't come out on top, they will be the biggest disappointment of the bunch IMO
Tampa would be 2nd with the big deadline move they made

In order for me
Preds
Bolts
Pens

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Nashville id say... they look the most dominant... and the west is kinda weak this season

Sucks anaheim is aiming for the 8 seed to knock them out in round 1 ;)

I voted for Tampa and then read your post. I have to agree with you, West sucks this year and getting eliminated like in the 1st round would be a disaster for Preds. If Preds don't go to the Stanley Cup Finals, I would consider it a disappointment for the Preds honestly. Tampa has amazing lineup but East has more threats as well.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Tampa probably - they've been leading the nhl this year pretty much wire to wire. They've also made the cup finals and conference finals recently, losing to the cup champions. They look ready to win a cup so bowing out early would be disappointing.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Penguins fan might be disappointed if knocked out early but they still have the back to back cups to fall back on. Nashville and TB on the other hand, have rosters with no holes and both playing at top of their game, it's gonna be more disappointing to their team and fans if they get knocked out early.
My god your avatar is glorious.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018

I disagree about Pittsburgh. When you win two in a row you have now set a precedent for your team and fans. Not winning again in ten years would surely be a disappointment, followed by relief that they got three with that core at least.

Id rank them Nashville>Tampa>Pittsburg only because Pittsburgh has struggled this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad