GDT: Tampa @ Toronto - Tuesday 7pm - The Dryden Hunt Era Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Can you imagine an outdoor game at -42 with the windchill?

I know this isn't an outdoor game, but it can happen so quickly.

We can have a 40 degree temperature change here over 24 hours.

Time to get back on track!

Stomp the Lightning.

Last edited:

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Going to be a tough game. Lightning have been rolling while the Leafs have looked a little off since the Calgary game (I don't count Anaheim since they're basically an AHL team at this point :laugh:). Hopefully the way the last game in Tampa went left a sour taste and they'll be motivated for some revenge.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
It's not even January that's FAR from decided
Realistically the top 3 in the Atlantic is determined. Boston/Toronto/Tampa have already created separation from the pack, and Boston has created separation from us/Tampa

Thus, this is our likely opponent

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Realistically the top 3 in the Atlantic is determined. Boston/Toronto/Tampa have already created separation from the pack, and Boston has created separation from us/Tampa

The Bruins have been on an insane run but they've had a good schedule with lots of home games and have played less games. They are also an older team... I don't know if they'll fall out of first but I imagine they will hit a rough patch at some point.

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

That makes it a good barometer game seeing its perhaps the most likely 1st round opponent and a potential rematch from last year.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
That makes it a good barometer game seeing its perhaps the most likely 1st round opponent and a potential rematch from last year.
I don't necessarily think the team see it that way, it's still only December for them. As a fan I look forward to this stuff, but Keefe likely has them focusing more short term and building good habits instead of thinking about likely 1st round opponents

This game won't mean a whole lot come April, especially since Tampa plays a lot more loose now and tightens up come playoff time. But, it would still be nice to win and get some distance between us and TB

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
nelson-simpsons.gif

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
The Bruins have been on an insane run but they've had a good schedule with lots of home games and have played less games. They are also an older team... I don't know if they'll fall out of first but I imagine they will hit a rough patch at some point.
I hope they hit a big rough patch and we can overtake. Would much rather prefer they have to take on Tampa Bay in round 1 than us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad