Pre-Game Talk: Tampa @ Toronto - Thursday October 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
I don’t care about the lost against St.Louis regardless if we played well or not.

We cannot hope to lose much against Tampa Bay, Boston and Buffalo, if we want to maintain home ice advantage in the playoffs which we have never done before.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Mikheyev/Tavares/Marner
Moore/Matthews/Nylander
Johnsson/Kerfoot/Kappy
Tima/Gauthier/Spezza.

Thanks to the rest for coming out but lets start rolling 4 lines that are playing their proper wings and has penalty killers on each line for great coverage if one of them penalty killers are the one in the box. There will always be fresh/rested pk’ers ready. That third line matches any in the league but it might be prudent to get Mikheyev and Moore signed to extension early ha. Kappy and Johnsson need to get going so i move the pressure off them and protect them in the QoC by moving them down.

Moore and Mikheyev are already going so move them up. It makes sense to me but wtfdik

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This will be a great test for the Leafs against one of the best teams in the NHL and strongest among Cup contenders.

This could be seen as cap unfriendly vs cap friendly matchup, where TB has a advantage by a deeper team due to better cap management and contracts.
Lets see how good the cap looks there next year after they sign sergachev and Vas is making $6,000,000 more than this year in their net;)

Point will be more fun for them in 3 years also. We are set pretty well actually for a longer time so the fluidity of cap space is a wash in many cases.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Less than a week ago, Babcock was chest thumping about how this is their time. It's not your time if you lose to all the other contenders and powerhouses in this league.

Regulation win at home is a must.

Reactions: baton elevated

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Mikheyev/Tavares/Marner
Moore/Matthews/Nylander
Johnsson/Kerfoot/Kappy
Tima/Gauthier/Spezza.

Thanks to the rest for coming out but lets start rolling 4 lines that are playing their proper wings and has penalty killers on each line for great coverage if one of them penalty killers are the one in the box. There will always be fresh/rested pk’ers ready. That third line matches any in the league but it might be prudent to get Mikheyev and Moore signed to extension early ha. Kappy and Johnsson need to get going so i move the pressure off them and protect them in the QoC by moving them down.

Moore and Mikheyev are already going so move them up. It makes sense to me but wtfdik

Like the lines. Merit based even.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
upload_2019-10-9_18-29-32.jpeg

easy win
Leafs 6-3

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
So when are we gonna get a team on their 2nd game of a back to back?

They Buffalo in a home and home at the end of Nov. and I think Boston in March is he only time the Leafs play an Atlantic opponent on the back end of their B2B. I didn't check Ottawa

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
When is Brayden Pointe coming back.

I guess follow up question is....whats the Lightning lineup tomm?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Less than a week ago, Babcock was chest thumping about how this is their time. It's not your time if you lose to all the other contenders and powerhouses in this league.

Regulation win at home is a must.

When you looked at the schedule did you mark this game down as a win? I didn’t , but if they do win they can’t give it back against Detroit.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
When you looked at the schedule did you mark this game down as a win? I didn’t , but if they do win they can’t give it back against Detroit.
Look hard at Tampa's roster. It's not all that impressive. I'd take the Leafs. 2 1st line C's, 2 1st line RW's, 3 top-2 calibre Dmen, and a goalie who was 4th in the Vezina 2 seasons ago.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
Not that I'm arguing that a young team can't or won't win the cup, however, how many "young" teams have won the cup...like, ever?? Even the teams making it deep in the playoffs tend to have a healthy mixture of experienced vets sprinkled with youth.

I think people are confused by the fact that because we're quite youthful, we should have energy for days and be able to outlast older experienced teams. That's not always the case and you can't discount the value of experienced and savvy veteran players.

Having said that, looking at the age of the Leafs, they are right there at that point where things should start to click as our core matures a little bit more. The supporting cast, for the most part, are in their primes so if the team remains constructed as is, we should start to see positive results no later than next season, I'd wager.

d3SIGIRL

Oct 17, 2014
but that's my point. it's a fact. younger teams (as we've seen here in Toronto) have a harder time locking down a game. case in point the Leafs last year when they had a more veteran presence esp. on the back end barely had issues when they had a lead, going something insane like 29-0-1. now they have a few new faces, and a lot more rookies etc, so they're going to struggle to have the dominance they had a year ago. it will have to be something we'll have to be patient with them while they regain that back.

yeah they are expected to do extremely well (based on the vets). but i also think we have to be a touch patient with the team as a whole because of those factors.
Well said

Reactions: Daisy Jane

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Mikheyev/Tavares/Marner
Moore/Matthews/Nylander
Johnsson/Kerfoot/Kappy
Tima/Gauthier/Spezza.

I'm just so over these hypothetical lines at this point, lol.

Our coach will never try them, ever. The forward group is loaded with talent and the coach is so inflexible and unwilling to try anything new that it's just depressing seeing all the combinations that could be tried.

And yes - I would LOVE to see that configuration.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I'm just so over these hypothetical lines at this point, lol.

Our coach will never try them, ever. The forward group is loaded with talent and the coach is so inflexible and unwilling to try anything new that it's just depressing seeing all the combinations that could be tried.

And yes - I would LOVE to see that configuration.
Imagine that Dubas is Babs' father.

Dubas works all day to earn a living and will still stop at Toys'R'us and buy all kinds of toys to take home and surprise his infant son. Such a great dad, eh.

Dubas tells the infant he can have them all however Babs already knows what he likes just based off of the shape of the toys.

Once his father leaves the room, Babs then proceeds to put toys he doesn't like in a small bin and places it underneath his crib for it to collect dust :badidea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad