Tammy Sytch aka "Sunny" sentenced to 17 years in prison for vehicular manslaughter.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I'm definitely in the too light group. If it was someone's first DUI and it resulted in a death then I'm more open to give someone a second chance however given her history she deserves to die prison.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
She was facing a max of 20 right? I'd like more, but it seems like they almost always serve less time than the max.

That said, she's not making it 17 years.

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
What a shitshow with her as the years went on. From on top of the world to 17 years in jail…..

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
More from today's pwinsider.com:

Sytch will be making a statement before sentencing.

Sytch, who said she lost her voice due to a cold, said when she was 16 years old, she wanted to be a doctor and help heal people. On that day in March 2022, she did the opposite. Her career paths changed but her "morals and ethics" always remained the same, She's had time to consider things like some of the good things she did in pro wrestling, including make people happy, making terminally ill children wishes come true via Make-A-Wish Foundation and helping someone who went into a seizure during her appearance at a convention.

"I am so much more than the worst thing than I have done."

Sytch said she tries to think about the good she has done, because when she sits alone and thinks about what she did to Julian Lasseter, she thinks about the regret of her bad decision and she feels remorse deep insider her soul. She knows that they don't get to rest knowing he's gone because she knows the pain of losing her father when she was 20 to heart disease and revealed that this past August, her mother passed away at 87 while Sytch was incarcerated. She never got to say goodbye to her, just as the Lasseters didn't get to say goodbye. She knows how it hurt and tears you apart, and for that, she's truly, truly sorry. She said she knows her words are not enough, but "please know I think about you every day." She turned to the family when she said that. Sytch said she thinks about what happened every single moment of the day and will make the changes she needs to make to make sure this never happens again. No one should have to go through this. She's wished every day she could trade places with Lasseter.

Sytch stated that she's thought about what led to her downfall and she believes it was the death of Chris Candido in 2005. He was tragically taken from this world and she hated herself for not being able to heal and help him and save him. Instead there was a series of mistakes she should have learned from but she couldn't connect her heart to her mind to do the right thing. There are many things she wishes she could have done differently but they say everything happens for a reason. She refused to go backwards because the pain she's caused is indescribable. It haunts her daily and in her nightmares but the only way forward is to change her path.

If she could go back and change the course of events that day, she would in a heartbeat. If she could bring Julian Lasseter back and take his place, she would. She hopes that she can take everything that has happened to her and the little bit of fame she used to have that she can be an asset to the community to teach them about the dangers of drinking and driving and of untreated mental illness. She hopes that a precious life was lost that day and she's sorry and asked to be given a chance to atone and then be given the chance to return to society to help contribute to it in the most positive way possible. Sytch was visibly crying.

The defense gave statements the court. They are arguing the maximum should be 20 years, not 26. They claim the rules being applied to Sytch are being done incorrectly. They argued that Tammy being able to complete substance and mental abuse treatment would be the best thing not just for Tammy, but for society.

The Prosecution noted that they haven't seen any proof of treatment or medication from the past except for what Sytch has stated. All of the issues are intertwined and Sytch can receive treatment behind bars. Her criminal history shows that she ignores court orders and the law over and over. She ignores authority over and over. Her criminal history is not on the score sheet the judge has. They go through all of her criminal history in Connecticut, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, many of which we have covered over and over here on PWInsider.com. She can not and will not abide by any decision made by the court. Probation should not be allowed. There is nothing but the maximum amount that she should be given - 25 years imprisonment followed by six months to complete substance abuse program.

Judge Foxman said that nothing they say or do today can bring back Julian Lasetter or bring comfort to his family. They will deal with infinite sadness for the rest of their life. When we have Uber and so many taxi services, she has a hard time wrapping her head around someone causing a DUI.

Foxman said she credits the defense for what they brought up regarding Sytch's mental illness and substance abuse and the testimony today, she can't say the situations are unrelated. The State made the point that mood stabilizers could be given in the prison system. Even if the court had found that downward departure was met, she cannot say that this was a case where it should be utilized. The facts of the care are fairly egregious. She cannot see any way that Julian Lasseter could have avoided his death. Sytch has had some tragedy in her life, but the Judge noted that there isn't anyone who hasn't and it doesn't remove responsibility. She gives Sytch credit for taking some responsibility for her actions.

Sytch was founds guilty sentenced to 10.6625 years in the Department of Corrections for one count of causing death while operating a vehicle with a suspended or revoked driver’s license (a felony in the third degree. She will receive credit for 566 days served.

On charges of one count of DUI causing death (DUI Manslaughter, a felony in the third degree), Sytch was sentenced to seven years that she will have to serve after serving her 10.6625 years on the other charge.

The four counts of DUI causing injury to a person, and three counts of DUI causing damage to property have been credited to 364 days already served in jail.

She will then have to serve eight years of probation after that and will have to have a substance abuse evaluation, 50 hours of community service, a $10,000 fine and her driver's license permanently revoked.

Sytch had no questions for the Judge.

Sytch has 30 days to appeal.

Julian Lasseter was 75 years old. Sytch will be 67 when she is released.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Jesus she looks like shit from what she used to. Oh and she is also a piece of shit. Enjoy prison.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
This feels weird because she was one of my childhood crushes.

I don't remember any semi-big name in wrestling getting a several year jail sentence. I know Booker T and MVP were in jail for years but that was before they got into wrestling.

Hardbody Harrison was a low card WCW guy around 1997. He's serving a life sentence right now.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

I don't remember any semi-big name in wrestling getting a several year jail sentence. I know Booker T and MVP were in jail for years but that was before they got into wrestling.

Hardbody Harrison was a low card WCW guy around 1997. He's serving a life sentence right now.

Ken Patera did a few years for throwing a boulder through a Mcdonalds window and beating up some cops

Reactions: Megahab

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018

Was R-Truth prison time just storyline when he debuted?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I thought the sentence was harsh but she had like 5-6+ prior DUI convictions. And I think her driver license was permanently revoked.

She did it again and killed someone in process, so yeah can't say not deserved.

Funny how killing someone while driving on a suspended/revoked license (no matter cirumstances) gets you more years (10) than DUI Manslaughter (7)

Jesus she looks like shit from what she used to. Oh and she is also a piece of shit. Enjoy prison.

Years and years of alcohol and drug abuse will do that.

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad