TAMED: AN OBITUARY FOR THE MINNESOTA WILD

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Read the posts in the Wild forum, and we also did not re-new the contract of our GM. A GM that is pretty good and respected around the league. That should pretty much tell you the feelings from the organization and fans

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Wild fans, what did you think of your time in the postseason, and your 2017/18 campaign?

17/18 campaign: A trip to a decent buffet that kept temporarily running out of different things. But, got full in the end.
Postseason: Same thing that happened after the last trip to the buffet, that happens after every trip to the buffet. Minnesota sports pro tip: use the handicap rails to stop from going through the ceiling.

Reactions: The Enemy Within

P10p

May 15, 2012
17/18 campaign: A trip to a decent buffet that kept temporarily running out of different things. But, got full in the end.
Postseason: Same thing that happened after the last trip to the buffet, that happens after every trip to the buffet. Minnesota sports pro tip: use the handicap rails to stop from going through the ceiling.

Your posts always seem like you're trying wayyy too hard to be funny. Sound like one of them weirdos with a trenchcoat and fedora lol :help:

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Really fun to watch home games. Total dismantling on the road at times to me was foreshadowing playoffs. Too little consistency. Zero accountability.

A very enjoyable home game regular season entertainment.

The Wild Will never win Central, never mind conference with 11-20-9 running the show.
If the GM can control the team, maybe but B.B. looks like a red faced clown juggling lines every night thinking there is some secret solution. The solution is the culture.
This is why the Knights are doing so well. No stars. No 6/7/8 million dollar heroes.
Avs, Preds,Jets will slap them in first or second round at least until Koivu is gone and 11-20 decide to let the coach, coach and the owner decides to let the GM manage.

Too bad. Minnesota hockey fans deserve better but the Leipold 11-20-9 show is how to not win in playoffs.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Really fun to watch home games. Total dismantling on the road at times to me was foreshadowing playoffs. Too little consistency. Zero accountability.

A very enjoyable home game regular season entertainment.

The Wild Will never win Central, never mind conference with 11-20-9 running the show.
If the GM can control the team, maybe but B.B. looks like a red faced clown juggling lines every night thinking there is some secret solution. The solution is the culture.
This is why the Knights are doing so well. No stars. No 6/7/8 million dollar heroes.
Avs, Preds,Jets will slap them in first or second round at least until Koivu is gone and 11-20 decide to let the coach, coach and the owner decides to let the GM manage.

Too bad. Minnesota hockey fans deserve better but the Leipold 11-20-9 show is how to not win in playoffs.

Tough to put too much blame on them this playoff run. Parise was money before he got injured(shocked). Suter was out with an injury. Koivu played pretty well this year. If the blame game must be played, then look in the 3-16-22 vicinity.

Reactions: Rabid Husky

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Tough to put too much blame on them this playoff run. Parise was money before he got injured(shocked). Suter was out with an injury. Koivu played pretty well this year. If the blame game must be played, then look in the 3-16-22 vicinity.

This article says better than I exactly how it is.

Big Changes (Should) Result After Another 1st Round Exit for the Wild as team parts ways with Chuck Fletcher
Read that and tell me what 20-11-40-9 have accomplished.
I agree. 3-16-22 were huge disappointments and didn’t step up at all. We were all waiting for Coyle to play like a power forward. We were waiting for Nino or Zucker to turn the game around ona breakaway.

Koivu did play well at times but he was a step behind all Jets series. His wings would have the puck and go in deep and he’d head to bench gassed. But really it isn’t their play that bothers me as much as 11-20-9 ridiculous contracts and their obvious control of the team. Again not their fault. I’m going to shut up now because Leipold made me realize there is no hope for the Wild if he thinks this core of 11-20-9-40 will go anywhere with a few tweaks.
Tell me what you think of that article. Well written.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Big Changes (Should) Result After Another 1st Round Exit for the Wild as team parts ways with Chuck Fletcher
I agree. 3-16-22 were huge disappointments and didn’t step up at all. We were all waiting for Coyle to play like a power forward. We were waiting for Nino or Zucker to turn the game around ona breakaway.

Koivu did play well at times but he was a step behind all Jets series. His wings would have the puck and go in deep and he’d head to bench gassed. But really it isn’t their play that bothers me as much as 11-20-9 ridiculous contracts and their obvious control of the team. Again not their fault. I’m going to shut up now because Leipold made me realize there is no hope for the Wild if he thinks this core of 11-20-9-40 will go anywhere with a few tweaks.
Didn't make it past the Byline. That guy is a complete tool.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Lazy reporting, He just regurgitates other atricles without any original thoughts:
-The cap space argument is just plain wrong. The $7.5m is based off of a 22 man roster before even considering signing Zucker/Dumba. Get rid of the AHL callups and take the roster down to 16 and there is ~$12.6m in cap space to work with a $75m cap. Add $3m-$5m in projected cap space and signing everyone shouldn't be an issue.
-Find random tweets that back up his arguments so everything he says can be justified.
-Koivu strip the "C" and other rants
-GM candidates
-Team is going nowhere, but can make the Playoffs.
-4-5 year selloff and rebuild without considering that Suter/Parise will still be a ~$15m cap hit as the team is coming out of the rebuild.

There are valid points with the FWDs lack of Playoff goal scoring, and being stuck with ZP/Suter forever.

Reactions: 2Pair

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad