Take a shot: Opening night lineup

Janerixon

Jun 16, 2002
Visit site
What will our opening night lines be... this isn't to argue, but with no preseason and so much unknown about player injuries (Hagelin, Nash, Gabby, and Sauer) what do you see as our opening night lines?

This is what I am hoping/expecting to see
Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Pyatt-Boyle-Callahan
Asham-Halpern-Rupp

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Del Zotto
Eminger-Stralman

Ludqvist-Biron

Sc: Bickel, ?, ?
IR: Sauer

Gilroy with the Whale, we need to sign a winger for that 4th line... that line looks slow and old, unless they plan to insert a kid from the Whale there

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
gonna go with:
Nash, Richards, Callahan
Kreider, Stepan, Gaborik
Hagelin, Boyle, Pyatt
Rupp, Halpern, Asham
Haley spare

McDonaugh, Girardi
Staal, Stralman
Del Zotto, Bickel
Eminger, Gilroy spare

Lundqvist
Biron

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Cally will not be a third liner on this team. I think that's pretty much a given.

If Hags is ready to go:

Nash - Richards - Callahan
Kreider - Stepan - Gaborik
Hagelin - Boyle - Pyatt
Asham - Halpern - Rupp

Last edited:

Janerixon

Jun 16, 2002
Visit site
Cally will not be a third liner on this team. I think that's pretty much a given.

If Hags is ready to go:

Hagelin - Boyle - Pyatt
Asham - Halpern - Rupo

This board has been screaming for more production from the third line, Callahan is the best defense forward on this team IMO and playing a winger who can score with Boyle will lead to more production. That is what I would do and Callahan will get his minutes plus he would Never complain, he is a team player. We will see.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Question- I read that the team said that Kreider will not play in the NHL as it stands now. Is that true? Are they really reading that much into his AHL stats?

Janerixon

Jun 16, 2002
Visit site
Question- I read that the team said that Kreider will not play in the NHL as it stands now. Is that true? Are they really reading that much into his AHL stats?

I don't buy that, who else is going to make this team? Haley? Unless they have a move or two they plan on making, and unless they plan on trading Redden with a pick to a team with lots of cap room I don't know how they can even fit a quality player on the roster.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
If Hags is ready to go:

Hagelin - Boyle - Pyatt
Asham - Halpern - Rupo

Switch Asham and Rupp, but I think this is pretty close. Not sure who the spare forward will be. Not much NHL ready help available in CT.

Defense:

McD - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
MDZ - Eminger
Bickel

azrok22

Mar 8, 2006
I'd start with the following:

Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik
Nash - Stepan - Callahan
Kreider - Boyle - Pyatt
Rupp - Halpern - Asham
Haley

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
Del Zotto - Eminger/Bickel

Torts has indicated his preference for Gaborik to have a left-handed center (and that first line had a stretch of great chemistry last year). Conversely, I expect Torts would like to give Stepan a chance playing with an elite winger on his strong side.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I recall Tortorella saying he's going to at least try Nash and Gabby together. Judging by that memory:

Nash - Richards - Gaborik
Kreider - Stepan - Callahan
Hagelin - Boyle - Pyatt
Rupp - Halpern - Asham
Haley

McDonagh - G
Staal - Stralman/DZ
DZ/Stralman - Bickel/Eminger

Lundqvist
Biron

EDIT - Forgot about Stralman

Last edited:

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
If Hagelin is healthy:

Hagelin-Richards-Gabby
Nash-Stepan-Callahan
Kreider-Boyle-Pyatt
Rupp-Halpren-Asham

McD-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
DZ-Redden

Lundqvist
Biron

RangersChamps2417

May 9, 2011
Northern NJ
I remember Brooks saying that Hags, Nash, and Gabby are all good to go for the season to start, so:

Nash-Richards-Callahan
Krieder-Stepan-Gaborik
Hags-Boyle-Pyatt
Asham-Halpern-Rupp

McD-Girardi
Del Zotto-Staal
Eminger-Stralman

Lundqvist
Biron

SC-Bickel, Haley

IR-Sauer

I could totally see us picking up a defense men that gets amnestied

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Nash-Richards-Gaborik
Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan
Kreider-Boyle-???
Pyatt-Halpern-Asham

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-MDZ
Eminger-Stralman

I think we need to find a 3rd line RW in camp, be it Thomas, Miller, ect.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't like Kreider being on the 3rd line. I think he's got much better upside than Hagelin. I know Hags scored 20. But half of those were fluky anyway.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I think Hagelin and Kreider shuffle from 1st line to 3rd line, with Hagelin getting most of the time because hes a smarter player.

I also think that #6 D-man spot with Bickel/Eminger/Gilroy will be a black hole all season and I hope it can be addressed.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I like Hagelin's motor better for a line that would be a little static with a player like Kreider.

I'm willing to be patient with him and let him work his way up the pecking order.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
We need another body for the first game. Asham's suspension carries over from last year. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Miller get a look for a game or two. I would be surprised to see him stick though.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Nash-Richards-Gaborik
Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan
Kreider-Boyle-???
Pyatt-Halpern-Asham

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-MDZ
Eminger-Stralman

I think we need to find a 3rd line RW in camp, be it Thomas, Miller, ect.

whether we love it or not Pyatt will get the crack at 3rd line wing and Rupp is going to play on the 4th line, he does have experience with Asham and hopefully he is 100% as it seems he was hurt last yr.

Not enough time in camp for Miller, Thomas,etc..........although Kolarik is looking good in CT and he has NHL experience

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Hagelin has to be one of my favorite Rangers since the lockout, scoring or no.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
We need another body for the first game. Asham's suspension carries over from last year. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Miller get a look for a game or two. I would be surprised to see him stick though.

good call as I havent heard that. I imagine its Haley. Heck he has a 1 way deal next yr so if they send him down then a few hundred thousand would be on the cap next yr. So I imagine they give him a spare job this yr even though based on performance Kolarik deserves it in CT

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I don't like Kreider being on the 3rd line. I think he's got much better upside than Hagelin. I know Hags scored 20. But half of those were fluky anyway.

Does Kreider's pathetic AHL play garner 1st line consideration right away?

This isnt the rollercoaster of the playoffs. Hes going to have to earn it now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad