Tailbone..Extra Padding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
The padding shifted around in my pant last night, and was trying to get it wedged back but had to get back onto the ice, and my luck, I got my butt handed to be and landed where my padding was screwy still so my tailbone, butt hurts. Have you guys done anything special/temporary to help with this? Ddd you find any extra foam or something to tape on your pants or something?

TheLokNesMonster

Sep 11, 2005
St. Paul, Minnesota
I landed on my tailbone once and it hurt for 6 months. I had to sit on one cheek or the other when I drove or slept, or whatever required me to sit.

It didn't affect my hockey too much, but I sure didn't want to land on it. There really isn't much you can do about it with padding. No matter what you do it will hurt if you crack it up again.

But, one day you'll wake up and it won't hurt as much. Then you'll wake up a few days or weeks down the road and it won't hurt at all...

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
sc37 said:
The padding shifted around in my pant last night, and was trying to get it wedged back but had to get back onto the ice, and my luck, I got my butt handed to be and landed where my padding was screwy still so my tailbone, butt hurts. Have you guys done anything special/temporary to help with this? Ddd you find any extra foam or something to tape on your pants or something?

Sounds like it's time for new pants.

Careful, if you break your @$$ the Dr will put your butt in a cast. :biglaugh:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
"Sounds like it's time for new pants.

Careful, if you break your @$$ the Dr will put your butt in a cast.

Sorry, I couldn't resist."

Haha. But yeah, new pants might be good idea...cept mine are in good condition for the most part, just the tailbone pad doesn't stay in the right place. And I just had a brainwave sitting here in the office. I'm gonna take some sock tape and tape in those old mouse pads in the seat of my pants :)

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
sc37 said:
"Sounds like it's time for new pants.

Careful, if you break your @$$ the Dr will put your butt in a cast.

Sorry, I couldn't resist."

Haha. But yeah, new pants might be good idea...cept mine are in good condition for the most part, just the tailbone pad doesn't stay in the right place. And I just had a brainwave sitting here in the office. I'm gonna take some sock tape and tape in those old mouse pads in the seat of my pants :)

You have to tape them on the outside. Oh, and use duct tape instead. :D

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
I hurt my tailbone 3 weeks ago, the pain was absolutely HORRIBLE. Anytime I sat down i'd get sharp pain which would radiate throughout my body all the way to my finger tips, it was brutal. After about 2 weeks the pain was significantly less and here I am 3 weeks later with no pain at all except when I do situps.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
My butt ain't killing me that much anymore..but man was it a pain to sit in class for 2 hours! I honestly did take mouse pads and punch holes in it. Tied it in and it worked fine when I was at drop-in. Felt fine...and probably coulda trimmed it to fit even better. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad