Tage Thompson's ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Everyone says they want to trade for or sign a top 6 player but I just don’t know where you’re going to find that guy, just look at players that fit that mold (especially RHS) and you’ll see most are young players who will be going nowhere. Especially after this season where we will see the cap rise ~4m as many teams won’t feel the cap crunch.

I’ve always thought that it may take until the next trade deadline to see that top 6 winger come to us, just because I don’t think the guy we need is available right now as we stand. Unfortunately not sure if anyone will be available. Signing a top 6 center in free agency is a definite this summer but filling the winger spot I think is going to prove very difficult at the draft. Not many teams will be looking to move a 24-28 year old at the start of the season. A guy like rakell, forsberg etc would be amazing

I don't share your concern. I don't think acquiring a top 6 forward is as hard as you're making it out to be.

Let's look at last summer (excluding deals that were made strictly because of the expansion draft). Jonathan Drouin, Brayden Schenn, Jordan Eberle, Artemi Panarin, Brandon Saad, Derek Stepan, Jason Pominville, and Marcus Johansson were all traded. That is quite the crop of top 6 forwards who are all in their prime besides one guy. And this isn't counting Matt Duchene either who was expected to be traded, and was officially traded soon after the season began.

In summer 2016: Jared McCann, Teuvo Teravainen, Taylor Hall, Mika Zibanejad, Derick Brassard, etc.

2015: Phil Kessel, Milan Lucic, Ryan O'Reilly, T.J. Oshie, Kyle Palmieri, Brandon Saad, Artem Anisimov, Reilly Smith, etc.

I mean, not a bad list. You can keep going back through all the years to the offseason Kesler and Neal were traded (2014), and the one Seguin, Eriksson and Nash were traded (2013), and Mike Richards , Jeff Carter, Wayne Simmonds and Jakub Voracek before that...the list goes on. Scoring forwards are available if you have the pieces to get them.

There's also been a lot of guys who were rumored to be available that didn't get dealt. RNH, Galchenyuk, Hertl (in the rumored deal with the Blues for Oshie/Shattenkirk a couple years ago), just some more examples of guys you can get.

Last edited:

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
There will always be a team low in the standings or low in payroll space that would be willing to move an expensive guy for a bounty of lesser-expensive guys. There’s no excuse for not finding a dance partner.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I don't share your concern. I don't think acquiring a top 6 forward is as hard as you're making it out to be.

Let's look at last summer (excluding deals that were made strictly because of the expansion draft). Jonathan Drouin, Brayden Schenn, Jordan Eberle, Artemi Panarin, Brandon Saad, Derek Stepan, Jason Pominville, and Marcus Johansson were all traded. That is quite the crop of top 6 forwards who are all in their prime besides one guy. And this isn't counting Matt Duchene either who was expected to be traded, and was officially traded soon after the season began.

In summer 2016: Jared McCann, Teuvo Teravainen, Taylor Hall, Mika Zibanejad, Derick Brassard, etc.

2015: Phil Kessel, Milan Lucic, Ryan O'Reilly, T.J. Oshie, Kyle Palmieri, Brandon Saad, Artem Anisimov, Reilly Smith, etc.

I mean, not a bad list. You can keep going back through all the years to the offseason Kesler and Neal were traded (2014), and the one Seguin, Eriksson and Nash were traded (2013), and Mike Richards , Jeff Carter, Wayne Simmonds and Jakub Voracek before that...the list goes on. Scoring forwards are available if you have the pieces to get them.

There's also been a lot of guys who were rumored to be available that didn't get dealt. RNH, Galchenyuk, Hertl (in the rumored deal with the Blues for Oshie/Shattenkirk a couple years ago), just some more examples of guys you can get.

Most of those guys either came with other valuable assets (e.g. Raanta and Stepan for D’Angelo and a 1st) or only had a couple pieces going the other way (e.g. Oshie for Brouwer, Copley and a 1st). All of the talk here about a 1st, Thompson, +++ just doesn’t make much sense.

In general, in the trades listed above, the teams that ended up the best were teams that had existing NHL surplus, and used a few extra pieces (or opportunity) to upgrade. Or, inversely, moved out a higher-value piece for a huge return to soften the blow (e.g. Jeff Carter for Voracek, a 1st and a 3rd, which ended up being Couturier and Cousins). I don’t think we’re there yet to avoid being taken advantage of by another team - like Lumbus was in the Carter trade. I can’t really name a forward position (or defense position, for that matter) where we are super deep and have legit internal replacements who absolutely need a bigger opportunity ASAP. We just need more time to develop the assets we have, so that when it’s time, we can make that big shakeup. But it doesn’t help anything to make a big panic move to fill a hole. The hole is there for a reason, we have internal replacements on the way, we just need to wait for that depth to matriculate. Or if nothing else, we need to be finding guys like Kyle Palmieri where they’re buried under depth and up for a contract their team can’t afford (which will be increasingly difficult with the bigger cap).

I just don’t want to go big for a one-year fix when we can get the same fix, long term, if we just wait a few years. Look at the Bruins. They went through some toooouuugh years, and now their old core is being supported by their next core, and they are scary good. They waited to bring in a guy like Rick Nash until they could get rid of Spooner, Lindgren, a 1st and Beleskt and not really feel it, because they have Donato, Heinen, McAvoy, Zboril, Vaakarainen, DeBrusk, etc etc etc etc ready to go. They dealt from their depth when their depth wasn’t just hypothetical or potential.

So, all of this is to say, don’t trade Thompson just because we also have Kyrou. Depth is the greatest currency in this league nowadays, and blowing that before we even get to enjoy the benefits of our strong drafting is entirely self-defeating. If anything, we should be trying to stock up on more draft picks, not sending them away to chase a short-sighted goal. I don’t think Mike Hoffman magically fixes this team, neither does O’Reilly, especially not if we’re halving our prospect pool to acquire them.

Trust the process. Keep drafting well, keep adding new kids to the pool, and be patient for the situation to resolve itself. That’s the best we can do, barring a steal. I’m not saying don’t try to find that steal, I’m just saying don’t throw everything we’ve built out the window just because you feel like you have to do something because you missed the playoffs. I trust Army, he’s shown that he’s cognizant of reality by shipping out Shatty and Stastny these last few years, and making the right moves to bolster the prospect pool. It’s working. Keep letting it work.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
@MortiestOfMortys just curious, what would you consider "gutting" the prospect pool? Obviously, you mean not trading the likes of Thomas, Kyrou, Kostin, Thompson before we know what we have, but what would be your opinion of using guys like Foley, Blais, Stevens, Walman for upgrades?

Personally, I don't think any of them hold enough value to warrant using them in a realistic trade (using one of them + a 1st) so I don't think it would be worth moving them. I think that's why Thompson's name gets brought up a lot because he's at the tail end of that tier of guys that hold enough value to make a "splash."

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
@MortiestOfMortys just curious, what would you consider "gutting" the prospect pool? Obviously, you mean not trading the likes of Thomas, Kyrou, Kostin, Thompson before we know what we have, but what would be your opinion of using guys like Foley, Blais, Stevens, Walman for upgrades?

Personally, I don't think any of them hold enough value to warrant using them in a realistic trade (using one of them + a 1st) so I don't think it would be worth moving them. I think that's why Thompson's name gets brought up a lot because he's at the tail end of that tier of guys that hold enough value to make a "splash."

My opinion on those guys is that no amount of depth is enough until you have more than enough. And then add more anyways.

I look at Boston, and I look at Winnipeg, and I see teams who were patient through years of suckiness while their prospects developed. That patience is paying off incredibly well right now for each of them. Not only are they both in the playoffs, they’ve got pretty good chances of going a ways in on the backs of those very guys they waited on. And not only that, but Providence and Manitoba are both super good AHL squads with a ton of quality prospects doing good work.

That’s what I want for our team. I want to be able to make an easy decision to trade prospects because we have 5 other guys pushing for time. I don’t want to have to argue about who is the most tradeable of our 4 good prospects, because we actually have like 8-9 of those guys on their way through.

That may very well be the case right now(!), between Thompson, Sanford, Foley, Blais, Musil, Stevens, Kyrou, Walman, Schmaltz, Poganski, Mikkola, Kaspick, Kostin, &c, but we just don’t know yet. We don’t have a good gauge on how any of them can actually play at the pro level. Between our uncertain AHL affiliation situation this year, injuries, and just general bad luck, we have no idea what we’ve got in these guys. They’ve never played on the same team together. Some have been injured for substantial amounts of time. Some were relegated to bottom-6 duty all year, getting only a few minutes a night. Some were in their first years as a pro, and with all of the other aforementioned factors, had a steep, steep learning curve and very little safety cushioning.

My opinion is that there isn’t a top-6 forward that is available in the league right now that is a sure enough bet long-term to dip into that pool for before we even know what it looks like. We expended tremendous resources getting to this spot, even for the role players, to sacrifice the years of control we have over them for a high-scoring vet who might only stick around for a year and refuse to be dealt at the deadline for anything substantial (a la Shattenkirk). You could argue that the only reason why people are so comfortable with moving on from Tage Thompson before we really know what he’s capable of (he’s 20 for chrissakes), is because we do have that depth. I just don’t see the point in throwing away that depth when there are teams out there thriving off of the depth they chose not to move on from.

If we move Tage and a 1st, that counts as two first round picks. Teams don’t build by moving 4 first rounders in 2 years. That’s the kind of thing that teams like Pittsburgh do to extend their window, because they have a collection of the best forwards in the world who have won multiple championships, terrific scouting to find guys like Guentzel and Sprong, and a good enough reputation to add beyond the draft for free with guys like Aston-Reese.

I want to get to the point where we can move Handzus, Nagy, a first, and our first round pick from a few years ago for a true top-line, world-class, team-changing forward, and not really get worse or feel the impacts of that trade because we are so deep and so good at drafting and asset management that we have a real, tangible surplus of assets. We are nowhere near close to that point right now. Behaving like we are is foolish.

When Army didn’t re-sign Brouwer and Backes, he committed to a rebuild, plain and simple. The Shatty and Stastny deadline deals solidified that course of action. Reversing course now because the fans are pissed that we missed the playoffs betrays that commitment, and sets us back substantially. One of the reasons why the Jarmo/Davidson rebuild didn’t work is because they didn’t let us suck for long enough, and got antsy to make things happen before it was really time to. And so we sat out some of the best drafts in a generation chasing a futile dream. If we haven’t learned the lesson from that, maybe we deserve to suck forever.

TL;DR Don’t get rid of our depth before we know what we’ve got, we’ve done it before and it hasn’t worked out.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
looks like another patrik berglund to me

Really?

Have you watched a game?

Are you saying this because another poster says he doesn't use his linemates?

Patrick Berglund doesn't get many assists because he doesn't pass the puck. He shoots. Then, he shoots some more.

Tage hasn't figured out the NHL yet. Yeo wants Thompson to learn the defensive side, but his skills are on offense. Poor coaching IMO.

He has Adam Creighton reach, but a good shot and stick handling skills.

He's nothing like Berglund.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Really?

Have you watched a game?

Are you saying this because another poster says he doesn't use his linemates?

Patrick Berglund doesn't get many assists because he doesn't pass the puck. He shoots. Then, he shoots some more.

Tage hasn't figured out the NHL yet. Yeo wants Thompson to learn the defensive side, but his skills are on offense. Poor coaching IMO.

He has Adam Creighton reach, but a good shot and stick handling skills.

He's nothing like Berglund.
Whoah, whoah whoah! Respectfully, I have serious issues with the bolded. It doesn't matter what your skill set is, or what your inclination might be, if you want to have a successful NHL career, you need to learn how to play defensively. Defensive awareness should also ideally be taught at an early stage of the players career. I am not a fan of Yeo either, but I fully endorse his idea of teaching Tage the defensive aspects of the game. If this is not done, you end up with a one dimensional, offense only prima donna who contributes nothing when they are not scoring. I hate those kind of players. :). You are always part of a 5 man unit, and you are only as good as your linemates. That is the most important lesson Tage has to learn. From I have observed, he really does need to learn how to use his teammates.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Whoah, whoah whoah! Respectfully, I have serious issues with the bolded. It doesn't matter what your skill set is, or what your inclination might be, if you want to have a successful NHL career, you need to learn how to play defensively. Defensive awareness should also ideally be taught at an early stage of the players career. I am not a fan of Yeo either, but I fully endorse his idea of teaching Tage the defensive aspects of the game. If this is not done, you end up with a one dimensional, offense only prima donna who contributes nothing when they are not scoring. I hate those kind of players. :). You are always part of a 5 man unit, and you are only as good as your linemates. That is the most important lesson Tage has to learn. From I have observed, he really does need to learn how to use his teammates.

Agree to disagree.

He was mismanaged.

Put Hull on the 4th line and see how well he back checks.

Maybe Yeo should play to his players' strengths. Especially when they are young and trying to get acclimated.

BTW, what was bolded that you have "serious issues" with?

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Most of those guys either came with other valuable assets (e.g. Raanta and Stepan for D’Angelo and a 1st) or only had a couple pieces going the other way (e.g. Oshie for Brouwer, Copley and a 1st). All of the talk here about a 1st, Thompson, +++ just doesn’t make much sense.

In general, in the trades listed above, the teams that ended up the best were teams that had existing NHL surplus, and used a few extra pieces (or opportunity) to upgrade. Or, inversely, moved out a higher-value piece for a huge return to soften the blow (e.g. Jeff Carter for Voracek, a 1st and a 3rd, which ended up being Couturier and Cousins). I don’t think we’re there yet to avoid being taken advantage of by another team - like Lumbus was in the Carter trade. I can’t really name a forward position (or defense position, for that matter) where we are super deep and have legit internal replacements who absolutely need a bigger opportunity ASAP. We just need more time to develop the assets we have, so that when it’s time, we can make that big shakeup. But it doesn’t help anything to make a big panic move to fill a hole. The hole is there for a reason, we have internal replacements on the way, we just need to wait for that depth to matriculate. Or if nothing else, we need to be finding guys like Kyle Palmieri where they’re buried under depth and up for a contract their team can’t afford (which will be increasingly difficult with the bigger cap).

I just don’t want to go big for a one-year fix when we can get the same fix, long term, if we just wait a few years. Look at the Bruins. They went through some toooouuugh years, and now their old core is being supported by their next core, and they are scary good. They waited to bring in a guy like Rick Nash until they could get rid of Spooner, Lindgren, a 1st and Beleskt and not really feel it, because they have Donato, Heinen, McAvoy, Zboril, Vaakarainen, DeBrusk, etc etc etc etc ready to go. They dealt from their depth when their depth wasn’t just hypothetical or potential.

So, all of this is to say, don’t trade Thompson just because we also have Kyrou. Depth is the greatest currency in this league nowadays, and blowing that before we even get to enjoy the benefits of our strong drafting is entirely self-defeating. If anything, we should be trying to stock up on more draft picks, not sending them away to chase a short-sighted goal. I don’t think Mike Hoffman magically fixes this team, neither does O’Reilly, especially not if we’re halving our prospect pool to acquire them.

Trust the process. Keep drafting well, keep adding new kids to the pool, and be patient for the situation to resolve itself. That’s the best we can do, barring a steal. I’m not saying don’t try to find that steal, I’m just saying don’t throw everything we’ve built out the window just because you feel like you have to do something because you missed the playoffs. I trust Army, he’s shown that he’s cognizant of reality by shipping out Shatty and Stastny these last few years, and making the right moves to bolster the prospect pool. It’s working. Keep letting it work.

I think many people are used to us being in the post season and have forgotten that it isn't a given. DA made a tough decision, and I'm glad he did, because it was the difference between being in a barnfire rebuild and a small retool. I don't think we hit the point where we go all in for a few years, and that's probably the point where we have a new core built.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Agree to disagree.

He was mismanaged.

Maybe Yeo should play to his players' strengths. Especially when they are young and trying to get acclimated.

Mike Babcock did this to Marner and was greatly criticized for it...look at Marner now that he understands the whole rink.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Tage’s Deployment this year wasn’t a “Mike Yeo burying youngsters” thing at all, it was a matter of necessity. Lots of guys were playing out of place because we didn’t have anybody else to play there, either because of injuries, or because of roster holes (that 2RW position was in flux all year).

Once he’s in the right place with good teammates who are also in the right place, I think we’ll see the real Tage again. We need him to take that step forward next year.

Reactions: Blueston

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
looks like another patrik berglund to me
I could troll TT becoming another Berglund, but I don't believe that is case, knowing how bad Berglund is :laugh:

Well, TT has showed he got legs, good shooting and slick hands. In worst case scenario he will become Berglund. Only if he can improve his skating he's going to be better then Berglund in normal progress.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I don’t think he will equal kyrou or Thomas but he does have a pretty decent shot and one timer.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Reminds me of the Alex Tuch on Vegas. Don't know much about him as a player but impressed every time I watch him. They have the same frame (Tuch more filled in) but both have great shots nice skill sets offensively.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Agree to disagree.

He was mismanaged.

"Serious issues with" was too strongly worded. My apologies. I agree that ideally, Tage should be paired with more talented linemates to put him in the best spot to succeed. I thought he played his best when on a line with Steen and Stastny. As others have pointed out, injuries and roster changes played a big part in his deployment, which became less than ideal. I just wanted to emphasize that Thompson needs to learn to play defensively so that he becomes a more well rounded player. This is important regardless of where he plays. I like him on a line with Steen, who is very good defensively and could be a good teacher for Tage.

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Reminds me of the Alex Tuch on Vegas. Don't know much about him as a player but impressed every time I watch him. They have the same frame (Tuch more filled in) but both have great shots nice skill sets offensively.
Holy crap, as someone that has watched all of Vegas' games in the playoffs so far, this comparison is actually really damn spot on. I could definitely see Thompson being like Tuch. Big, physical, good hands, and a very quick and hard wrist-shot. Of course, like you said, Tuch is more filled out so Thompson definitely needs to hit the gym.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
#TageAgainstTheMachine
Tage "Tommy Gun" Thompson. :naughty:

Holy crap, as someone that has watched all of Vegas' games in the playoffs so far, this comparison is actually really damn spot on. I could definitely see Thompson being like Tuch. Big, physical, good hands, and a very quick and hard wrist-shot. Of course, like you said, Tuch is more filled out so Thompson definitely needs to hit the gym.
Really? I don't see much similarity between Tuch and Thompson other than size and the letter "T". Sounds like you've watched more Vegas games than I have, so maybe I am just off in my appraisal of Tuch as a player. However, my impression of Tuch was that he uses his speed and strength to attack the net and gets most of his points in tight around the net. While Tuch's shot is good, it's not really what his game is about.

On the other hand, Thompson's game is really about his shot and using his hands to create time/space or trying to find a quiet spot on the ice...in order to use his shot. Guess I just see Thompson as more of a perimeter player right now. Maybe (hopefully) Thompson can develop the strength and tenacity to attack the net the way Tuch does, but Thompson has more of an ability to score from range than Tuch probably ever will.

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Really? I don't see much similarity between Tuch and Thompson other than size and the letter "T". Sounds like you've watched more Vegas games than I have, so maybe I am just off in my appraisal of Tuch as a player. However, my impression of Tuch was that he uses his speed and strength to attack the net and gets most of his points in tight around the net. While Tuch's shot is good, it's not really what his game is about.

On the other hand, Thompson's game is really about his shot and using his hands to create time/space or trying to find a quiet spot on the ice...in order to use his shot. Guess I just see Thompson as more of a perimeter player right now. Maybe (hopefully) Thompson can develop the strength and tenacity to attack the net the way Tuch does, but Thompson has more of an ability to score from range than Tuch probably ever will.
Yes! Obviously, they are two different players. But I don't know man they just have that similar style of play, they handle the puck similarly as well; quick moves and using their long arms to evade stick checks. While I do agree that Tuch likes to play in close a lot of his chances in the series were on the outside, other than his PP goal which was in close.

Also, Thompson has shown a desire to crash the net as well. No player is the same, but comparison wise Tuch has to be it for me. I think it's definitely a closer match than Berglund.

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
I was really disappointed with how the Blues handled Thompson this year. He should have been in the AHL. The Blues need for RWs and the lack of a dedicated AHL-affiliate probably dictated his situation, but I think he would have been better served elsewhere. Oh well. One weird year shouldn't impact him much in the long run.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I think Thompson becomes a 50 or so point 2nd liner RW who plays the LW on the PP. He was rushed to the NHL a season, maybe more, too early due to injuries and Army not wanting to make any kind of moves to bandaid those injury holes.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I think Thompson becomes a 50 or so point 2nd liner RW who plays the LW on the PP. He was rushed to the NHL a season, maybe more, too early due to injuries and Army not wanting to make any kind of moves to bandaid those injury holes.

I agree. If we don’t trade him, I’d like for him to get some seasoning in the AHL, and come up if needed for injuries.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
My opinion on those guys is that no amount of depth is enough until you have more than enough. And then add more anyways.

I look at Boston, and I look at Winnipeg, and I see teams who were patient through years of suckiness while their prospects developed. That patience is paying off incredibly well right now for each of them. Not only are they both in the playoffs, they’ve got pretty good chances of going a ways in on the backs of those very guys they waited on. And not only that, but Providence and Manitoba are both super good AHL squads with a ton of quality prospects doing good work.

That’s what I want for our team. I want to be able to make an easy decision to trade prospects because we have 5 other guys pushing for time. I don’t want to have to argue about who is the most tradeable of our 4 good prospects, because we actually have like 8-9 of those guys on their way through.

That may very well be the case right now(!), between Thompson, Sanford, Foley, Blais, Musil, Stevens, Kyrou, Walman, Schmaltz, Poganski, Mikkola, Kaspick, Kostin, &c, but we just don’t know yet. We don’t have a good gauge on how any of them can actually play at the pro level. Between our uncertain AHL affiliation situation this year, injuries, and just general bad luck, we have no idea what we’ve got in these guys. They’ve never played on the same team together. Some have been injured for substantial amounts of time. Some were relegated to bottom-6 duty all year, getting only a few minutes a night. Some were in their first years as a pro, and with all of the other aforementioned factors, had a steep, steep learning curve and very little safety cushioning.

My opinion is that there isn’t a top-6 forward that is available in the league right now that is a sure enough bet long-term to dip into that pool for before we even know what it looks like. We expended tremendous resources getting to this spot, even for the role players, to sacrifice the years of control we have over them for a high-scoring vet who might only stick around for a year and refuse to be dealt at the deadline for anything substantial (a la Shattenkirk). You could argue that the only reason why people are so comfortable with moving on from Tage Thompson before we really know what he’s capable of (he’s 20 for chrissakes), is because we do have that depth. I just don’t see the point in throwing away that depth when there are teams out there thriving off of the depth they chose not to move on from.

If we move Tage and a 1st, that counts as two first round picks. Teams don’t build by moving 4 first rounders in 2 years. That’s the kind of thing that teams like Pittsburgh do to extend their window, because they have a collection of the best forwards in the world who have won multiple championships, terrific scouting to find guys like Guentzel and Sprong, and a good enough reputation to add beyond the draft for free with guys like Aston-Reese.

I want to get to the point where we can move Handzus, Nagy, a first, and our first round pick from a few years ago for a true top-line, world-class, team-changing forward, and not really get worse or feel the impacts of that trade because we are so deep and so good at drafting and asset management that we have a real, tangible surplus of assets. We are nowhere near close to that point right now. Behaving like we are is foolish.

When Army didn’t re-sign Brouwer and Backes, he committed to a rebuild, plain and simple. The Shatty and Stastny deadline deals solidified that course of action. Reversing course now because the fans are pissed that we missed the playoffs betrays that commitment, and sets us back substantially. One of the reasons why the Jarmo/Davidson rebuild didn’t work is because they didn’t let us suck for long enough, and got antsy to make things happen before it was really time to. And so we sat out some of the best drafts in a generation chasing a futile dream. If we haven’t learned the lesson from that, maybe we deserve to suck forever.

TL;DR Don’t get rid of our depth before we know what we’ve got, we’ve done it before and it hasn’t worked out.

Post of the year. :)

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad