GDT: Tag Team GDT #2 - Bruins @ Devils, 7 PM, MSGSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
which goals are you consider really bad? the second was obviously bad. but the other three i wouldn't consider bad goals.
Eh the third one I'd probably put equally on him and Siegs. No excuse for Siegs allowing Pastrnak the slot area but no excuse for Blackwood allowing him to score short-side either.

Reactions: glenwo2

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
the devils made their bed with the goalies this summer there is zero chance blackwood is going to be waived traded or whatever else you guys think so just stop with it. there really aren't many options for the team to improve that area right now anyway since trading isn't really an option and schmid is so raw you really want to thrust him into this situation? do that what happens if he starts to struggle in 10 games? or if vv gets hurt? they really should be looking for a top line winger that should be cheaper and something they can actually accomplish this season and will have an immediate help. i don't care either if i'm the only one saying it but bratt can leave for all i care (not letting him walk for free) so ship him out and bring in someone high powered to replace him.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
which goals are you consider really bad? the second was obviously bad. but the other three i wouldn't consider bad goals.
2nd goal was terrible, 3rd goal he was way out of position and couldn't even attempt a save with 2/3 of the net wide open. 1st and 4th goals can't be blamed on the goalie, but you'd like to see a big save on one of those and he made himself small in the net instead of playing the angle better.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Didnt realize nico got the assist on the tatar goal.... Nice deflecton pass (even if not deliberate)!!

Still cranky but i settled on this loss..

We lost with a respectful score, but this game was absolutely winnable.

Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
i’m encouraged by how they played so i’m not as upset i was in the midst of the losing streak - if they play like that they’ll win most games. unless blackwood plays then they’ll probably give up some backbreaker goals that inevitably take them out of the game. but overall good game. but don’t play blackwood anymore

Reactions: Devs3cups

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Playing good when you lose counts for nothing, lmk when they hand out hardware for moral victories
if you just focus at the one game from yesterday evening the devils have gained nothing. but the season has 82 games and no single team has ever won all of them. therefore with a broader perspective of a full season the performance carries more weight than the actual score for the upcoming games.

but i am sure you know that, you just like to baby rant here on the board with your hyperbole takes. real fans support their teams through wins and loses.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
the devils made their bed with the goalies this summer there is zero chance blackwood is going to be waived traded or whatever else you guys think so just stop with it. there really aren't many options for the team to improve that area right now anyway since trading isn't really an option and schmid is so raw you really want to thrust him into this situation? do that what happens if he starts to struggle in 10 games? or if vv gets hurt? they really should be looking for a top line winger that should be cheaper and something they can actually accomplish this season and will have an immediate help. i don't care either if i'm the only one saying it but bratt can leave for all i care (not letting him walk for free) so ship him out and bring in someone high powered to replace him.
We need a top line winger, so let’s trade our top line winger.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
yeah that’s one of the most embarrassing things about the fans at the arena. that and the rangers suck can’t when we aren’t playing them

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
how’d Ok and Bahl look? Seems like McKenzie McKenzie’d, to the surprise of no one.
Bahl basically got benched for something Severson and Hamilton have done myriad times over the past two years.

Tough to grow with "coaching" like this. Though I'm sure the numbers crunchers pretending to be "hockey operations" approve.

• Wow
Reactions: Clam Jensen

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
2nd goal was terrible, 3rd goal he was way out of position and couldn't even attempt a save with 2/3 of the net wide open. 1st and 4th goals can't be blamed on the goalie, but you'd like to see a big save on one of those and he made himself small in the net instead of playing the angle better.
Second goal was from a rebound of off a shot ass shot. Sorry to say but, this is the Devils from previous years right now. Even last year they'd pop in a few goals when trailing and make a game out of it. Only a moral victory with no points to show which is of course the bottom line. When it was 4-1 I said to myself the tease is coming will make this a game to only fall short. This team could use the Christmas break here as much as any team in the league.

Reactions: glenwo2

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
yeah that’s one of the most embarrassing things about the fans at the arena. that and the rangers suck can’t when we aren’t playing them
Our fans try to hard to make themselves seem more rowdy than their asshole rival fanbases and have become the most immature assholes of the group from their efforts. I was there in the mid to late 90's with putting "suck" at the end if everything and I'm guilty as charged for that. Fans trying to "outfan" each other from different groups and different sections. Annoying I know. Overall I like our fans especially the ones on this forum but, gotta call out the ones that make us look lame.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
Blackwood keeps hanging himself with the ridiculously long leash we stupidly continue to give him. Idk why Tom and this team is so set on giving this dipshit so many chances. He keeps showing he’s no worth it. We keep shooting our selves in the foot for a dog shit goalie. we send the hotter goalie down for an injury plagued idiot that is consistently bad.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Blackwood keeps hanging himself with the ridiculously long leash we stupidly continue to give him. Idk why Tom and this team is so set on giving this dipshit so many chances. He keeps showing he’s no worth it. We keep shooting our selves in the foot for a dog shit goalie. we send the hotter goalie down for an injury plagued idiot that is consistently bad.
My guess is they had some sort of agreement with Blackwood and his agent after last season. Blackwood doesn’t whine or ask for a trade or go to thr press and in return NJ gives him full support to rebound. Just a guess but based on a bit of cryptic reporting that was something along that lines of what might be inferred. Let’s see how long his leash is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad