Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Mr. M.T. Knett on the ice now for Canada

D72A4F19-7E34-4A2B-AEB8-61CF1DE6247D.gif

and they finish it while my GIFs load…
7DA314A4-88B3-4C0D-A47B-032ADEA0FBA5.gif

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Not a super impressive win but we'll take it. Not like the Swedes or Finns dominated in their games either. Think a lot of international hockey is just getting better. Very impressed with the Swiss tonight, as well as Latvia and Germany earlier today. Canada got a little fortunate this game.

I don't think you can expect as a Canadian to blow every team out up until the Semis anymore.
Agree.

As I said before, most posters expected blowouts in the first 3 games. We got none of that.

Great game for Stankoven. Johnson solid tonight as well.

Switzerland played hard and deserve a ton of credit.
Yep.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I don't know what to make of Bedard. Kinda wish we'd brought someone else <-- don't attack me too much, boys.

Maybe he's too young. Tonight was not his finest hour.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Got past the nightmare scenario of being the best team in the preliminary round and losing the first knock out game.

This is the kind of game a goalie meltdown could've happened but Garand played solid.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Got past the nightmare scenario of being the best team in the preliminary round and losing the first knock out game.

This is the kind of game a goalie meltdown could've happened but Garand played solid.
Like we’ve seen from some goalies this tournament, shaky early and then settled down nicely.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Gold, Silver, Bronze Medal or Participation ribbon; where will they end up on Saturday?
I still think we win Gold.

After games like this, you don't know what to think...

Were we awful or did the Swiss just have the best game of their young lives?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Good effort by Switzerland, sloppy for Canada and I'm not so sure that the issues will be fixed. Not optimistic about Greig.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
One of the biggest components of prospect development is game-to-game consistency. It shouldn't be surprising that even the best prospects in the world are going to have games when they just look off. They are kids, after all.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Interesting that they took Othmann off of the big line because they were running around in their zone too much and they put Cuylle there who made things ten times worse. How many times did he turn over the puck himself?

TonsofPuppies

Send in the clowns...
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Can't see this group winning gold. Dave Cameron is among the worst coaches I've ever seen at the WJC. Dude is in Spott / Lowry territory. After giving up a 3-0 lead to Russia in the 3rd period of the GMG in 2011, he should have been banned from ever coaching this squad again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad