GDT: Switzerland - Belarus

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Swirzerland looks really good and Belarus looks like they deserve to be relegated in a normal year. So in the spirit of the tournament, I predict an easy win for Belarus.

Reactions: Name Nameless

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
I think only 3 is enough actually, but getting 2nd place would be nice. 15 might be good for 1st place too in case of 3 way tie with Russia and Slovakia.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Genoni to start, Fischer sits Müller (must have an injury), Frick, Heldner, MOttet and Simion. Praplan plays alongside Hofmann and Corvi.

Edit: Simion is injured.

Last edited:

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Makes complete sense, although I'd have kept Praplan with the Bertschy line and moved Herzog to Corvi's.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
As a Swede, I of course hope for Belarus in this game, there is of course a slim chance for Sweden to pass Switzerland. Nice to see Danila Klimovich on the forth line, he was very impressive in the U18WJC

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Ahh, Zakharov goes berserk and cuts virtually every naturalized player. Only Platt and Antonov stays in.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Not a very good period for Switzerland, Belaurs gets a little bit too much. And how could Andrighetto miss that?

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Scoring twice is ok given the time spent in the offensive zone, but Belarus should have scored on that two on none plus had some good moments of pressure halfway through. Switzerland needs to avoid penalties as it's what killed their momentum.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
The Belarus player turned at the last moment, Kurashev had already committed to the check
The check was from behind from the very get go, but Klimovich made it look even worse when he turned to face the boards.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
The check was from behind from the very get go, but Klimovich made it look even worse when he turned to face the boards.

Exactly that.

Turned out he didn't get away with it, which is the correct call. Not sure how it happened though, as the refs clearly let the play go after the hit.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Exactly that.

Turned out he didn't get away with it, which is the correct call. Not sure how it happened though, as the refs clearly let the play go after the hit.

Looked to me like a linesmen saw it. The check from Komarov was worse IMHO.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Oh, I thought he meant the one in the first period, I didn't realise this one was from him too.

Must be a rule that all players named Komarov play dirty.

member 305909

I think only 3 is enough actually, but getting 2nd place would be nice. 15 might be good for 1st place too in case of 3 way tie with Russia and Slovakia.

You would like to meet Kazakstan in the QFs?

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
You would like to meet Kazakstan in the QFs?

It's not worth speculating, anything can happen in the other pool. Obviously Kazakhstan doesn't look as good as Finland, USA, Germany and Latvia, but you have to respect what they have achieved.

member 305909

Belarus appears to be a team which is not good enough for this level but is too good for div1a. I think they will become an elevator-team in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad