WC: Switzerland 2024 roster talk

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Yeah, I won't deny that. It was just a general remark. Those discussion won't stop even with another coach.

No-one knows what happens when we change coaches. It could be better. Or not. But yeah, after 7 years it could be time to change coaches no matter what.

I'm actually wondering what the names are that those who wish hardly a new coach would like to see as a new coach.

And IMHO, much more important than a new coach is replacing Lars Weibel who just didn't do a good job. And he has the charisma of a sleeping pill (don't know if you can say that in English, in German you say Ausstrahlung einer Schlaftablette :)). Just not the type of guy we need to fight for Swiss ice hockey vs. the clubs in Switzerland.
All the charisma of a block of wood?

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Couldn't see the game yesterday. Today another clear win. Altough Latvia was better than the result.

Not much on the negative side, both goalies played very well and on D some guys stepped up.
But also not much to take. Still a lot to players to join. Nino and Josi 1-2 down.

Guess the cuts:
- Wüthrich
- Kreis
- Marchon
- Bader

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
I thought both games were pretty solid, although Latvia was way below its standards on Friday. Solid play by the defense, way better than against Slovakia and France, solid goaltending and a lot more speed on offense.

Individually I really rated the defensemen. The forwards were a bit more inconsistent, with Bertschy, Richards and Moy being the most noticeable on Friday while Senteler and Herzog had a really good game today. On the other hand, Simion was disappointing, lots of questionable decisions and lack of end product.

Regarding the cuts, Wüthrich is obvious. On defense I think Baragano earned another week so I'd go with either Jung or Kreis. At forward, cut Marchon for sure (what was he hoping to accomplish with all those dirty plays?), and either Bader or Künzle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad