Online Series: Sweet Tooth

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Anyone else getting into this show? As a father of a nearly two year old son- this show kicks me straight in the gut sometimes.

Amazing reviews on Rotten:
Sweet Tooth: Season 1

And also good reviews on IMDb:
Sweet Tooth (TV Series 2021– ) - IMDb

I <3 it so far, though I'm only on episode three. It has potential to be up there with Stranger Things as one of the best Netflix originals I've ever watched. Hopefully it pans out.

Also, spoilers- episode two- the mother's reaction to her son finally being able to experience even the slightest taste of what normal kids used to experience everyday was gut wrenching. So many amazing parts to this show that really go in depth on what people would struggle with if a savage virus did wipe out a major portion of humanity.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I've only watched episode 1 so far. As a big fan of Jeff Lemire's work I am very put off that this is (so far) such a colourful, watered-down, mickey mouse version of Sweet Tooth. I doubt it ever gets half as grim and dour as the comic did but not everything has to ape it's source material and I'll continue with the show and keep an open mind.

One thing is for sure though, they should've keep Jeppard a former hockey player rather than the football player the show went with.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I've only watched episode 1 so far. As a big fan of Jeff Lemire's work I am very put off that this is (so far) such a colourful, watered-down, mickey mouse version of Sweet Tooth. I doubt it ever gets half as grim and dour as the comic did but not everything has to ape it's source material and I'll continue with the show and keep an open mind.

One thing is for sure though, they should've keep Jeppard a former hockey player rather than the football player the show went with.
Ill just say- episode two is not mickey mouse at all. Jeppard is a BEAST. I never read the book. Sometimes going into a show like this with an ignorant mind is for the best as there are no comparisonsto draw from.

Also, it's rate TV14, so Id assume we'll get some gore, but nothing too insane.

Reactions: barriers

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I'll give episode 2 a shot in the very near future then. It's just weird to see the cherubic, colourful, cheery Gus having fun with a loving father when I'll probably always think of him as the sickly sad boy from a world with little hope. I definitely know what you mean about going into an adaptation without prior knowledge of the source material.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

SepticFish

Jul 14, 2005
Watched it and enjoyed it.

I was going to comment that it does get darker as it goes along, then I read some of the wikipedia summary of the comic. Yeah, I don't think they're going for that grim.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I binged this last night and finished episode eight this morning. If Netflix doesn't make another season, I'm really going to be disappointed.
I don't see why they wouldn't. It was #1 trending for a while, and had great reviews online. It seems to be gaining a following.

I have one more episode left. So far, i thought it's been a really cool show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad